Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my first service for SEL 190 TDI at Lookers in Chelmsford. Had it at 10k as I wasn't on variable servicing (but am now). No problems, done quickly, loan car and a wash and vac. Sent a video of the underneath as they inspected it!
Charged £191.24 including consumables which they say is VW standard charge. No problems and happy with service except they didn't top up Ad Blu which would have been handy as half used after filling at just under 7k miles. Wll raise this with them.

·
Registered
463 Posts
The 2year service plan I took out with Lookers for £280 seems ok then. 2 annual services.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm due to have my delivery on a 2 years PCH.
I've heard someone that you can do the 1st service on the 13th month or something, so that you would hand the car back before the 2nd service is due, is this possible? and wont cause any issues on the dealer side of things?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Depends on your mileage. If you do enough to be on variable servicing then first service won't be until around 17/18k miles and so if you do 15k a year (which is plenty enough for variable servicing) then first service wouldn't be to in to second year. However if you only do around 10/12k you might have more trouble. Mind you if you do under 10k then even on first service technically it would be after 12 months but I am sure you could stretch it to a bit over. Mind you I always own mine outright so no idea about PCH regulations only what is needed for car.

·
Registered
115 Posts
its contracted for 5k/yr, and I'm paying excess per mile because its cheaper that way.
I think I average around 10-12k like you said.. so i should be using fixed servicing instead of variable servicing? (do I even have the option to choose? lol)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts