Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from picking up a pair of genuine rubber matts for the front from the dealer. The quality is great as expected for the price (£40) nice and think and even have the tiguan name embossed.

A must have purchase for countryside dwellers!

Car Vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design Motor vehicle

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Window

Car Vehicle Gear shift Automotive design Car seat cover

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Grille Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts
look like a good investment might have to get some for the winter months, me thinks :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Totally agree triggerwizzard...these are a must have for the Tiguan. I have them too, both front and rear, and they are absolutely excellent. Extremely high quality, stylish and they fit just perfect !!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just parted with my Q5 today before collecting new Tig SEL next Monday. The mats look virtually identical to the Q5 mats (embossed Audi Q5) which I fitted 101k miles ago to the new car. After 101k miles the rear mats were virtually as new (as you might expect), the front mats were replaced around 50k miles. The mats were excellent and I will be fitting their equivalents (as per above photos) to my Tiguan SEL when I pick it up next week.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I also have the fitted Tiguan rubber mats, as part of the protection pack, however I wish they did a drivers mat specifically for the ACC. When I'm driving with ACC on there's a small footrest to the right of the accelerator pedal which would benefit from a rubber cover, especially with the Storm Grey leather, as the footrest is the same colour ;) It soon gets very dirty if your shoes are wet and muddy.
Might try to fit a strip of rubber with some double sided tape, or better still some velcro. :)

Steve

·
Registered
182 Posts
I had a set of these since 2008 on the Mark 1 Tigs. They were still like new when I got the new one. I kept the back set because they were the same size but the fronts were a different shape and size so I replaced them. In comparison the new ones fit just as good but seem slightly lighter in weight but I expect them to last as long as the first set.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
FTT said:
look like a good investment might have to get some for the winter months, me thinks :D
Did you not see my front rubber mats FTT....... It was great meeting you mate on Saturday :D :D

·
Registered
610 Posts
Stumpy said "Did you not see my front rubber mats FTT....... It was great meeting you mate on Saturday :D :D"

Yes, are they the same as the one's in the post ? Yep it was good to chat mucker :D

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
FTT said:
Stumpy said "Did you not see my front rubber mats FTT....... It was great meeting you mate on Saturday :D :D"

Yes, are they the same as the one's in the post ? Yep it was good to chat mucker :D
Yes...the same as in the pics....I think I may get the back ones now also... :D

·
Registered
244 Posts
Proper job !
I think I'll order a set of those

·
Registered
50 Posts
really like these and great pics too!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Much did the rubber mats set you back??

·
Registered
610 Posts
Got mine a couple of weeks ago defo worth it, £40 to£42 with the VAT added :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had Tiggy mk 1 for 6 years and yesterday took delivery of a shiny Mk2. A massive shame that park assist is no longer standard. Anyway I discovered that very crafty VW have changed the rails so that my cross bars no longer fit! Also the lugs for the front mats are in a slightly different position ensuring that you need to buy new! Back ones fit ok. Luggage compartment is a different shape and size so need a new one of those. Hey ho

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have them too in my new Tiggy, great purchase and do set the car interior off, compared to the standard carpet mats. Easy to clean and capture the dirt.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Is it just the light reflecting on the silver sill covers, or is the sills illuminated too?

·
Registered
34 Posts
neelytom said:
Is it just the light reflecting on the silver sill covers, or is the sills illuminated too?
Neely on the RLine model these are LED illuminated and R logoed sill covers 😀

1 - 20 of 23 Posts