Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone got it wrong what I meant to say was projector lights replacing reflectors in the bottom of the door got door card off no problem light units fitted ok but where to connect to !

·
Registered
953 Posts
Willowlyra said:
Does anyone know where you connect wires for door puddle lights as thought there would be spare plug on loom but no!
Doesn't the r line have puddle lights under the door mirrors :?: :?: or are we talking mk1 again

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,584 Posts
I think this has been mentioned in a thread before, but I can't find it now. I think what Willowlyra is asking is if it's possible to fit puddle lights where the reflectors are at the bottom of the doors.
If there's no wiring loom present, then I reckon you might be out of luck. ;)

Steve

·
Registered
953 Posts
Essjay said:
I think this has been mentioned in a thread before, but I can't find it now. I think what Willowlyra is asking is if it's possible to fit puddle lights where the reflectors are at the bottom of the doors.
If there's no wiring loom present, then I reckon you might be out of luck. ;)

Steve
This was posted just. Over a month ago, the guy had a mk1 tiggy, I pm d the diagram to him and didn't even get a thank you

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,584 Posts
Ah! Ok Mike, I knew I'd seen something before. You'd have a thought a 'thank you' wouldn't be too much to ask. ;)

Steve

·
Registered
953 Posts
Willowlyra said:
hi everyone got it wrong what I meant to say was projector lights replacing reflectors in the bottom of the door got door card off no problem light units fitted ok but where to connect to !
Willowlyra, if you can confirm that your cars a mk 1 tiggy and if pos a few details, model etc I may be ably to get the wiring schematic for you

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been thinking about fitting ( puddle lights) logo projector in the bottom of the door to replace the reflectors. Reading some of the above it looks like it's not possible. If anyone comes up with an idea of how to get around this, I would be very interested.
Thanks. Ps: I have a mk2 Tiguan r line and love it.

·
Registered
743 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Existing power for the reflector?

·
Registered
743 Posts
niggly58 said:
Existing power for the reflector?
Replace the word reflector with projector. Original query was about swapping out the reflector for the (gimicky) projector puddle lights from under the door.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Therefore, since reflectors are fitted as standard, replacing them with projectors is difficult as there is no existing suitable power connectiion.

·
Registered
743 Posts
niggly58 said:
Therefore, since reflectors are fitted as standard, replacing them with projectors is difficult as there is no existing suitable power connectiion.
yep, which was the point of the link.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Willowlyra said:
There is a thread on the AUS site VWwatercooled that shows how to do it I have done mine and they do need to be coded in sometimes. Had to do my rears

https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/installation-door-warning-lights-mk2-tiguan-diy-130980.html?highlight=

You need to extend the wiring on the lights by 300mm to allow for adjustment and refitting the door cards. Also I found that the lights with the plug in the centre didnt require so much chopping of the door skin. Tigger bought ones which had the plugs at one end and didnt fit so easily.

Mine really didnt need any cutting except on the rear doors and only a little bit

I bought these

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001029039497.html?spm=2114.13010708.0.0.3a994c4d8Sowir

·
Registered
276 Posts
niggly58 said:
Wrong See post below

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Thank you Hillbilly for that informative link to the AUS forum.
As I was trying to say- there is no obvious power available in the doors for the lights. From your link- cutting in to the supply for the modules in the fronts sounds a bit of a bodge, but it seems to work.
The option of controlling them on the rear doors with a module (if fitted) seems a better way to go.

·
Registered
276 Posts
niggly58 said:
Thank you Hillbilly for that informative link to the AUS forum.
As I was trying to say- there is no obvious power available in the doors for the lights. From your link- cutting in to the supply for the modules in the fronts sounds a bit of a bodge, but it seems to work.
The option of controlling them on the rear doors with a module (if fitted) seems a better way to go.
You do it the same on all 4 doors actually and its harder if the rears dont have the module. Mine have been working perfectly for well over a year now and all connections are soldered so no chance of them coming apart. I cut the wire and fitted some heatshrink and resoldered the whole lot back together.
You can also remove the connector from the socket and connect the extra wire to it directly but isnt needed if you splice correctly. I bought a pack of the connectors so I could fit them into the required place in the plug. I then threaded the wires though some fine plastic tubing I had from a plumbing job on a fridge and fixed to to the door card as I fitted it so that it didnt move and fray any of the wiring. Lots of things arent "obvious"but are doable. Isnt "bodged "if you do things properly

1 - 19 of 19 Posts