Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now the summer near, just got back from a ride and the front covered in dead flys, what do you use to remove them as I can't find my Brillo pad :eek:

·
Registered
627 Posts
I find these useful for the really stubborn ones you cant get off

Liquid Automotive tire Violet Gas Font

Need a drill though - anyone will do.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mike,

Mine was terrible over the last few days.

I washed the car today with a combination of snow foam and pressure washer - it took me 2 attempts with the snow foam to remove the crud - each time, it was left for 8 minutes to work its magic.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Warm car shampoo solution is probably safer and won't invalidate your paintwork warranty! Real stubborn ones might need a soaking for a few minutes.
There are proprietary sprays but I've never used them.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Miket said:
Now the summer near, just got back from a ride and the front covered in dead flys, what do you use to remove them as I can't find my Brillo pad :eek:
Try Muc-off - works an absolute treat in getting bugs of the windscreen/front bumper etc, I've been using for exactly that for years on all my motors.

·
Registered
135 Posts
JRSTIGSEL said:
Miket said:
Try Muc-off - works an absolute treat in getting bugs off the windscreen/front bumper etc, I've been using for exactly that for years on all my motors.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Miket said:
You might jest but my brother in law who, it is fair to say, is in no way, shape or form into cars, took a pan scourer to a particularly tough to shift piece of dirt. Never seen anything like it - nor had the lease company when he went to hand it back :eek:

·
Registered
463 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
555 Posts
sistig said:
Miket said:
You might jest but my brother in law who, it is fair to say, is in no way, shape or form into cars, took a pan scourer to a particularly tough to shift piece of dirt. Never seen anything like it - nor had the lease company when he went to hand it back :eek:
Lol - my mum did the same. Back in 1984 my dad bought his only new car, a Cavalier SRI hatch and my mum decided to wash it. She used one of those green pan scourers on the front of the bonnet and the front skirt. What a mess, but my dad just shrugged it off

·
Registered
285 Posts
I use a Clay bar for windscreen, use before washing your car ,use your car shampoo & water as a lubricant , rub along wiper blades as well

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PBB3 said:
I use a Clay bar for windscreen, use before washing your car ,use your car shampoo & water as a lubricant , rub along wiper blades as well
My back garden nearly all clay do you think I could use that :? :?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Although I love the car I do find it's a bit of a sh1t to clean, especially the front end with all it shapes nooks and crannies
Don't want to take it to the polish car wash down the road although they've done a good job on my other cars in the past, so got to find the best and easiest to use products to do it myself

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi Miket, it all depends on whether you have waxed the car or a ceramic finish as your standard bug/tar removers will strip away you had work. My car has a ceramic finish so I use this.

Attachments

G

·
I keep a trigger spray bottle of made up screen wash in the car. A good soaking spray, wait a minute or two then microfibre cloth. And a long reach pad will help shorties like me! Mainly thinking of windscreen but same works for other areas.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Matchbox said:
I keep a trigger spray bottle of made up screen wash in the car. A good soaking spray, wait a minute or two then microfibre cloth. And a long reach pad will help shorties like me! Mainly thinking of windscreen but same works for other areas.
Note that the alcohol used in washer fluid to prevent freezing will remove wax. Just a thought.

G

·
Never had a problem. I guess summer dilution is fairly weak and also it isn't on surface for long since it is wiped away(love microfibre cloths!).

Horror of horrors, I've not waxed a car in years! Just use waxwash and dry off. Always look good to me....

·
Registered
169 Posts
That's where the ceramic coating on the paintwork was good .
Flies couldn't stick to it and didn't matter how bad it got through the summer especially .
A quick snow foam and wash and car was like new .
Was never able to fully get rid of the little blighters before and tried all the big named supposed cleaners .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts