Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit of a dumb question.

I know when you lock the car that the wing mirrors fold nicely. I can't get my car in the garage now but should be Ok if the wing mirrors were folded in. Is there a way of doing it on the settings??

·
Registered
627 Posts
I haven't got my car yet, but think I have seen the answer before either on here or in the manual (yes I've been reading it before I have the car LOL)

On the drivers side door, there are controls that you use to adjust the mirrors - is there not a setting on that, that will fold the mirrors back in for you?

·
Registered
122 Posts
+1 twist the knob to the 7 o'clock direction and they'll fold in. I don't think you can do it while traveling at speed though

·
Registered
835 Posts
May be a stupid reply, but when you turn the mirror adjust knob to the 7 oclock position to fold the mirrors in, leave it there until you exit the garage again.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Negativepitch said:
May be a stupid reply, but when you turn the mirror adjust knob to the 7 oclock position to fold the mirrors in, leave it there until you exit the garage again.
:) somebody, somewhere, has done this before

·
Registered
76 Posts
Does the Tiguan have the dipping mirror on left side? Audi have it called Kerb view so you can see the kerb.

·
Registered
485 Posts
RH85 said:
Does the Tiguan have the dipping mirror on left side? Audi have it called Kerb view so you can see the kerb.
Yes. It's controlled by an Enable/Disable option in the menus.

·
Registered
835 Posts
NoHopeNoFear said:
Negativepitch said:
I have no garage :lol:

·
Registered
835 Posts
RH85 said:
There was a thread someplace which talked about this and how for some it doesnt look down/angled enough.
I know it was pretty useless for me.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Negativepitch said:
NoHopeNoFear said:
Negativepitch said:
I have no garage :lol:
I have a garage! but no electric folding mirrors on my car. :(

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi, the wing mirrors do fold in using the manual selection on the driver's door.

The near side also dips automatically but the manual is very confusing about LHD/RHD in the set-up, so you do have to realise that it appears to be written for an EU car and adjust (left is right etc) .

It took me about 5 goes before I got the view I wanted so keep trying.

Cheers Earl

·
Registered
555 Posts
The Golf GTI I used to own had the mirrors that dipped downward when reverse was selected. There was a set up whereby you adjusted the mirror position to suit your seating position/height and the system remembered it for when reverse was selected. Maybe useful to check out for those who mentioned the mirror didn't dip down far enough

It was 3 years ago since I owned it but you could choose the mirror to dip by altering the position of the round selector switch to the appropriate mirror. I dont know if the Tiguan does the same?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
The automatic near-side mirror dip on reverse will only work if the mirror selector dial switch is on the L for left mirror I found.

·
Registered
122 Posts
stumpy said:
The automatic near-side mirror dip on reverse will only work if the mirror selector dial switch is on the L for left mirror I found.
This. Set your mirror for how you want it in reverse and it will remember it, but only if the dial is pointing at L

·
Registered
11 Posts
ive just got a se nav on my sportage going down narrow lanes was able to push button to bring in windows is it possible to do it on this car ?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
As has just been mentioned a few replies back (and assuming you mean fold on MIRRORS), yes the mirror switch on the armrest has a position to manually fold in the mirrors, independent of lock/unlock.

·
Registered
360 Posts
shaunpm55 said:
ive just got a se nav on my sportage going down narrow lanes was able to push button to bring in windows is it possible to do it on this car ?
Yes, you can fold the mirrors while the car is moving. On a recent trip to Cornwall I found myself going down ridiculously narrow lanes (barely wider than the car itself) and I drove with the mirrors folded.

·
Registered
661 Posts
only at certain speeds you will be able to fold/unfold mirrors when moving (or at least its like that in my GTD)

·
Registered
600 Posts
coolerking said:
Bit of a dumb question.

I know when you lock the car that the wing mirrors fold nicely. I can't get my car in the garage now but should be Ok if the wing mirrors were folded in. Is there a way of doing it on the settings??
yes on the wing mirror button, just look for the wing mirror symbol and they will close. in settings you can also have it but you will activate that for when the car locks. this is useful as you can look at know your car is locked and immobilised.

ps I had the same issue and put my mirrors in. luckily I am think so can get out the garage easily.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts