Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any member of this forum need a scan on the car or adaptation just leave a PM. I am in Staffordshire area so who is close enough or just passing by and i have free time you can bring two beers ( for me cause you are driving) and we see what you need and if can be done.
The software i have is an original version so everithing is safe.
My experience is mainly on Golf's but on other VAG car's is the same thing.
For any question feel free to ask on this thread.
If i don't know something or i am not 100% is working or is 100% safe to try i will not do it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I don't suppose you've figured out how to permanently disable the auto start/stop feature rather than have to turn it off every time you turn the ignition on. I've got a micro can vcds from my Octavia and I've not even checked if its compatible with the tiggy yet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Be aware that RossTEch latest version doesn't have all the security codes to unlock some of the modules. My Microcan cable works perfectly.

I have installed Traffic Sign Recognition already. Just need SA code for module 09 and I can do some more like rain closing etc.

Kris, just plug it in mate. Skoda Superb MK3 and Octavoa coding works in most cases. I know your on Briskoda!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Kris said:
I don't suppose you've figured out how to permanently disable the auto start/stop feature rather than have to turn it off every time you turn the ignition on. I've got a micro can vcds from my Octavia and I've not even checked if its compatible with the tiggy yet.
It's the voltage method. Set it to 12... it will be the same same as the Ateca.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hi all,
Just thinking out loud while I'm waiting for my order.
If I get someone (not VW) to change some coding, say DRL to run at 75% instead
of 100% , fit LED's or close all windows if it rains etc., would the warranty be affected.

Regards
Ned ;)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Ned said:
Hi all,
of 100% , fit LED's or close all windows if it rains etc., would the warranty be affected.

Regards
Ned ;)
Yes

·
Registered
63 Posts
Miket said:
Ned said:
Hi all,

Regards
Ned ;)
Yes
From my understanding, if a fault occurs as a result of coding (e.g. DRL's malfunction/break after a period of time, while switched to 75%), the warranty could void for that specific part/section directly affected (as the dealership may argue that point). Most VCDS modifications simply activate/deactivate pre-existing features disabled for certain regions. Dealers themselves may assist with the activation/deactivation of some features, so it's not a straight cut answer. Once you enter the realm of chipping/ECU modifications, it'll most certainly void the warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi buddy

I wonder if you can help I have mad a school boy error and forgot to take a full module readout before making changes. I was trying to activate the traffic jam feature and know the lane assist has stopped working. Would you be able to post a vag com file module readout report this will enable me to set everything back backup I seem to be going around in circles lol my car is an RLine 2.0 190 TDI any help would be most appreciated

·
Registered
459 Posts
Morning

As a potential new owner, is it possible to code in DRLs in the rear lights? I've coded this on my BMW and it makes it much safer for other road users in low light, IMO.

Just wondering what else is available to code in. Is there an available list anywhere? I've seen someone has coded in the option to change the AID to whatever colour they want.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
907 Posts
scrounger said:
Morning

As a potential new owner, is it possible to code in DRLs in the rear lights? I've coded this on my BMW and it makes it much safer for other road users in low light, IMO.

Just wondering what else is available to code in. Is there an available list anywhere? I've seen someone has coded in the option to change the AID to whatever colour they want.

Thanks in advance
Wouldn't you just set the daytime HEADLIGHTS to come on EARLY in low light conditions?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts