Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been a pretty big forum update released for PHP. I've upgraded the forum to the latest version, unfortunately the previous style was no longer compatible so I've had to install a new one. Please let me know what you think and if you spot any issues.

Some new features in this release include:
Drag and drop attachments into the message window
Emoji support from IOS and Android devices
Better notification system

I'm keeping an eye on app developments to start adding in some requested features.

Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Only just had time for a quick look round, but looking good so far. I tend to use my ipad exclusively so the 'drag & drop' plus emojis will be useful 👍

Steve

·
Registered
146 Posts
The most obvious change is the loss of the 'header' icons which provided useful navigation shortcuts, e.g. to display the most recent posts, but otherwise nice clean look. The display width seems to have narrowed and as a result each post occupies more lines and consequently far fewer posts are displayed within the screen - I'm using an iPad to view, it may be different for other devices. Edit: selecting Active Topics in Quick Links displays topics in a more traditional format.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Rob big thank you for having the time and patience to do this for us, ditto here thought I was on another forum :lol: :lol: :D

·
Registered
385 Posts
Rob - first off, a big thanks for all the work.

I have notice a small issue - when I reply the screen flickers at about 1Hz and in full editor the spell checker box jumps around the screen repositioning itself every second (1 Hz).

I'll see if I can spot the problem and get back to you

Regards Earl

·
Registered
339 Posts
Earl_H said:
Rob - first off, a big thanks for all the work.

I have notice a small issue - when I reply the screen flickers at about 1Hz and in full editor the spell checker box jumps around the screen repositioning itself every second (1 Hz).

I'll see if I can spot the problem and get back to you

Regards Earl
Just had the same issue occur!

Running iOS 10.2.1

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
I've just written this in the full editor, and I'm also on iOS 10.2.1
Not noticed anything untoward though !

Steve

·
Registered
339 Posts
Should of added that the signature line jumps about when rotating my iPhone to landscape view!

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Maybe it's because I'm using an iPad and not an iPhone?
Is anyone seeing the problem on an iPad?

Steve

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've experienced lots of flickering on my iPhone os 10.2.1 viewing the "What do we like" topic

·
Administrator
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Right then - normal service should be resumed soon! The original designer of the skin I used to use have updated it to 3.2 so I'm just setting things up and I should be able to switch it back.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Thanks for your time 'Rob'......much appreciated......Thank-you :) :)

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Cheers Rob, your time spent running the forum is much appreciated 👍

Steve

·
Registered
385 Posts
Rob, sorry for the delay

Browser is Chrome and OS windows 10 64 bit, on both PC's (i7 tower and i3 laptop)

Just realised what it is "Grammarly" software - I'm trying it out to check my grammar. Seems OK in Office products but it also checks any text entry box which has now stopped working (trial over?)

Looks like user error sorry for the red herring :oops:

Again thanks for such a good site

Earl

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.