Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all thought I would share some pics of my Tig fresh from the detailers. Paint correction (very little required) ceramic sealant coat to all parts including wheels, glass, exhaust tip etc. IMO well worth the £350 and if looked after correctly with the proper wash regime as I do should easily last 3 years. :D :D

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Looks great Timbo.

What kind of ceramic coating did you use?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers eelir. They use Liquid Elements eco shield ceramic paint protection.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Looks very good, they've done a nice job

·
Registered
28 Posts
Timbo, looks very nice, who did the detailing for you are where are they?

Early days but how are you finding the 190 motor?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Timbo

Lovely job, and a great price. I have been looking at alternatives to the £400 offer of the VW agent. But they all seem to be much more expensive :-(

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: That is looking one cool Tig Timbo :cool: ...Great pics :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
E-bee said:

Hi E-bee

Used my usual guy @ http://www.shropshirecarcare.com/ based between Telford and Shrewsbury. Great guy very professional
with a genuine love of his job and very reasonably priced when you consider what he does compared to the dealer who will charge you north of 400 notes for applying a quality product poorly.

Haven't really pushed the car yet, trying to get some gently miles on it as I need to tow my caravan with it soon. I know you don't have to run cars in like you used to but old habits die hard. Awesome car and a joy to drive.

Tim

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Paul-40ft said:
Hi Timbo

Lovely job, and a great price. I have been looking at alternatives to the £400 offer of the VW agent. But they all seem to be much more expensive :-(
Hi Paul

Not sure where you are based but for a new car you shouldn't need to pay more than 400 as my guy said he had to do very little correction work and was very impressed with the quality of new VW paint work so really a case of a through body clean, decontamination and ceramic coat application. As I said mine was £350 for a complete protection including wheels Crome exhaust tips glass etc. This is done in a closed workshop to avoid any contamination prior to treatment.

Tim

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stumpy said:
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: That is looking one cool Tig Timbo :cool: ...Great pics :)
Cheers Stumpy, do you know what mate I might just keep it :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Tim
I'm in the fens in between Peterborough and Cambridge. Seems you can spends a grand without blinking. To be honest, my wife's Polo was done by the agent and it looks ok to me. But since reading other comment here I don't feel I should trust the agent to do the job properly. I still have some time to decide as my build week is not until 24th April (I hope)
Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Timbo said:
E-bee said:

Hi E-bee

Used my usual guy @ http://www.shropshirecarcare.com/ based between Telford and Shrewsbury. Great guy very professional
with a genuine love of his job and very reasonably priced when you consider what he does compared to the dealer who will charge you north of 400 notes for applying a quality product poorly.

Haven't really pushed the car yet, trying to get some gently miles on it as I need to tow my caravan with it soon. I know you don't have to run cars in like you used to but old habits die hard. Awesome car and a joy to drive.

Tim
:idea: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: So your 'old' then... ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Looking very posh Timbo, and just timed it right with the weather where getting this week end nice one :cool: :cool: :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Love this colour, looks almost matt in some pictures!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
stumpy said:
Timbo said:
E-bee said:

Hi E-bee

Tim
:idea: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: So your 'old' then... ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
How rude :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Paul-40ft said:
Hi Tim
I'm in the fens in between Peterborough and Cambridge. Seems you can spends a grand without blinking. To be honest, my wife's Polo was done by the agent and it looks ok to me. But since reading other comment here I don't feel I should trust the agent to do the job properly. I still have some time to decide as my build week is not until 24th April (I hope)
Cheers
Paul
If you can't find any body local that reasonable priced I would do it myself using high quality wax. As my detailer said VW paint work is high quality so if you do it yourself from new you should be fine. Just make sure your washing regime done using foam pre wash, quality wash mits and drying cloths. These lots of advice on the internet to steer you in the right direction.

Good luck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm also in Telford and fancy my R-Line getting the full detailing treatment so may give your guy a call ;) Looks like he did a great job!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lordjik said:
I'm also in Telford and fancy my R-Line getting the full detailing treatment so may give your guy a call ;) Looks like he did a great job!
Go for it, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Look great!!
I was thinking of getting the ceramic coating put on my car. VW completely messed up putting AG Lifeshine on twice and the second time around they machine polished the paintwork to remove the badly applied lifeshine and left swirls and buffer trails all over it!
Managed to get £300 refund on the lifeshine but only £200 towards paintwork correction as they said they hadn't ruined the paintwork and that as soon as cars get washed they will always get swirl marks on them!!
Got a quote for Gtechnique ceramic coating and paintwork correction but it is £650 as it will take about 10 hours prep work now to remove swirls etc!
Does anyone have any experience of Gtechnique?
Also when you have a ceramic coating, do I then have to use only their products for washing and polishing the car does anyone know ?
Thanks

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
molly44 said:
Look great!!
I was thinking of getting the ceramic coating put on my car. VW completely messed up putting AG Lifeshine on twice and the second time around they machine polished the paintwork to remove the badly applied lifeshine and left swirls and buffer trails all over it!
Managed to get £300 refund on the lifeshine but only £200 towards paintwork correction as they said they hadn't ruined the paintwork and that as soon as cars get washed they will always get swirl marks on them!!
Got a quote for Gtechnique ceramic coating and paintwork correction but it is £650 as it will take about 10 hours prep work now to remove swirls etc!
Does anyone have any experience of Gtechnique?
Also when you have a ceramic coating, do I then have to use only their products for washing and polishing the car does anyone know ?
Thanks
Hi Molly44' good to hear that you got a refund but for your dealer to say that cars get swirls on them as soon as you wash them is only true if you do a crap job with a sponge or car wash. When your car left the factory there would have been no swirls on it so strictly speaking they should pay for the paintwork correction. I would have insisted that they give me the car back in the condition it arrived from the factory.

With regard to the £650 it really depends on how bad it is and if they are stating 10 hours work it must be bad. There are a number of ceramic coating products and on the market and they are all as good as each other. If I where you I would go back to your dealer and insist that they contribute to at least getting the swirls removed after all this is a brand new expensive car. Have you contacted VW customer services with your complaint might be worth while.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts