Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Had a message pop up saying Front Assist impaired blah blah. I don't even want to use it - these cars do too many things which really are of little use to me.

I gather the badge and sensor at the front have had a lot of teething problems and that VW have since designed a better one very recently....

However, my aim will be to go to the dealer once to get this fixed and once only.

Other people have been 5 times for the same problem! Seems very very common.

Annoying at 900 miles...

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
PWVWT2017 said:
Hi guys

Had a message pop up saying Front Assist impaired blah blah. I don't even want to use it - these cars do too many things which really are of little use to me.

I gather the badge and sensor at the front have had a lot of teething problems and that VW have since designed a better one very recently....

However, my aim will be to go to the dealer once to get this fixed and once only.

Other people have been 5 times for the same problem! Seems very very common.

Annoying at 900 miles...
Were you travelling in very wet weather :?: as that can impair it I believe :arrow: :arrow:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had this flash up last night and I've only done five hundred miles.

I stopped and gave the badge a wipe over as it was wet and muddy from the poor weather etc. Touch wood nothing since but if it comes up again I will most definitely be taking it in!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the same message a couple of weeks ago. Google'd it and based on the answers expected the worst. However...some answers advised to give the VW badge a wipe off. I did and everything has worked fine since then.

The same day I had been using a table saw the in the garage with the door open and the car in front. Possibly the saw dust coated the badge with fine dust and that interfered with the sensor.

Anyway...problem solved for me...for the time being :)

Best, Magnús

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guys, I jumped the gun a bit... I drove 20 minutes to work after the gym and nothing reappeared.

Only cleaned the car last weekend, so very clean and nothing obvious obstructing it.

I don't even want the setting on, I really don't think it is that great a feature.

Is this completely separate to front parking sensors? Now they are worthwhile!!!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Just out of interest how long have you had the car as I'm hoping that the latest builds will have the new badge etc

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wonder if putting a product like rain-x on the badge might help ensure rain doesn't build-up on the badge (i assume thats where the ACC sensor is?)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had the same problem once, it was a rainy day, wiped the badge and no problems since then.

PWVWT2017 said:
I don't even want the setting on, I really don't think it is that great a feature.
I keep it on. It saved my butt twice already. Or maybe not, both me and the car was braking :D

Is this completely separate to front parking sensors? Now they are worthwhile!!!
They are separate things. Front assist uses radar, parking sensors are ultrasonic.

·
Registered
485 Posts
****** said:
I wonder if putting a product like rain-x on the badge might help ensure rain doesn't build-up on the badge (i assume thats where the ACC sensor is?)
That's an idea worth trying. &#x1f44d-1f3fb; Wonder if it would help on the rear camera as well?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Picked up my R line 180 tsi on the 10th march have driven 204 mls front assist has stopped working , this also stops the ACC working as they are linked. Spoke to dealership who said they were unaware of the fault. Saw your forum was surprised how many faulty ones there were. Phoned VW customer service they got me booked into dealership 11/04/17 said they would try to get it sorted as soon as pos. Will keep you informed.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Done over 4000 miles this has come on 3 times each time has been in bad weather, just wiped it clean, restart the engine and all is ok seems to me it's just a bit on the sensitive side

·
Registered
157 Posts
Happened twice on mine already too... Not even done 300 miles yet! Lol. Once in bad weather and again because the sensor was dirty. Seems to be a common but harmless issue.

·
Registered
835 Posts
It used to happen on our old Nissan QQ in heavy rain, common fault for which there was only a part fix at the time. Im not sure if they have fixed it now or not.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Before having a test drive in a seat ateca, I checked on the Seat Forum, the problem of Front Assist was problem there, in wet conditions . The test drive model was the 2ltr DSG But the Tiguan has a nicer Cabin :lol:
Build Week 18 :D
My Car
Tiguan SWB SE Nav 2.0 TDI 2WD 150PS 7-Speed
Dark Moss Green Metallic
Winter Pack Front Heated Seats
Adaptive Cruise
Door Sill Trim Black & Silver
Park Assite with Rear view Camara.
Service Plan
5 Year extended Warranty

1 - 14 of 14 Posts