Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had problems with the front assist?
Got my R-Line DSG delivered just over 2 weeks ago and the first time I drove it a warning light came up saying "front assist no sensor view" on the active info display and "Front assist impaired" on the main screen. I read the manual and gave the badge a clean etc but every time I drove the car after about 10 minutes the same warning was displayed.
Took it into VW and they ran it through the computer. Updated the software and said it was fine. Drove home from VW and light came straight back on.
Went in again last Monday and was there a full week while they re-did diagnostics and sent off to VW Tech Support. They cleaned it all and then completely reset the cameras up. Computer said no faults at all with camera so they delivered back to me. They had done various road tests and couldn't replicate the fault. One day later the light comes on again. Now I am waiting for them to decide what they are going to do!
While ever the light is on the ACC cannot be used so need this fixing.
Just to add to my troubles this shouldn't even have been my car. My original one was damaged in transit so they replaced with this one! Nightmare!
Has anyone had similar issues/warning lights?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, same problem. Took it back in when a week old, Dealer ran diagnostics which showed sensor had low visibility so they cleaned up and reset. No improvement. Booked in for this Friday to check it out. Totally intermittent, can happen several times in a journey if reset. No external cause, sun, rain, ACC in use or not, makes no difference. Sometimes resets itself when driving after 15/20 minutes, always resets when ignition switched off and back on. Annoying to lose cruise on motorways/dual carriageways as cannot set any cruise when sensor impaired and don't want to pull off to reset. Great car though!. Should this thread not be in faults and technical?.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, sounds exactly the same. Resets when ignition off and like you say sometimes goes off after 15/20 mins. It is a great car, just annoying when only a week old having to take back to dealer 3 times.
I am hoping they will order a new sensor as there is clearly a problem with the one that is in.
Probably should be in faults - sorry.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just heard back from VW. VW Technical have now authorised them to order both a new camera and a new VW badge. These are on back order so could take up to 2 weeks to come. They will then change over in one day. Hopefully this will sort it.

·
Registered
835 Posts
mcook1409 said:
Yes, sounds exactly the same. Resets when ignition off and like you say sometimes goes off after 15/20 mins. It is a great car, just annoying when only a week old having to take back to dealer 3 times.
I am hoping they will order a new sensor as there is clearly a problem with the one that is in.
Probably should be in faults - sorry.
Reject the car...we just have :lol: (not the same fault)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine does exactly this, very frustrating.

Took it into VW today for them to look at it (as well as a fault with the Easy Open tailgate). They said they couldn't replicate the issue and computer showed no faults. Told me to try and replicate it again and let them know exactly when it happens..

·
Registered
9 Posts
mcook1409 said:
Just heard back from VW. VW Technical have now authorised them to order both a new camera and a new VW badge. These are on back order so could take up to 2 weeks to come. They will then change over in one day. Hopefully this will sort it.
I've just had the same message from VW. Ordering a new camera/badge to arrive and install tomorrow.. did this fix the problem for you?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had new badge fitted by Dealer and Front Assist good now. There is a possibility, I am told, that VW may have fitted non ACC badges to some Tiguans which do have ACC. Sorted anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the same message appear on my way back from Cornwall 2 weeks ago. I had just driven through a torrent of leaves blown of the roadside trees and it was raining so the car was wet. After a mile or so the message disappeared and all was back to normal. I assumed that the camera had been obscured by a wet leaf, but maybe not. As I haven't had the message since I hope it was just a glitch.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've had the same messages and cleaned the 2 small lenses in the front grill with a tissue ... Messages went.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Could be related or not.
On the Nissan QQ (again) it is well documented and known to be an error by Nissan for which at the time there had not been a full fix.
When it was raining heavy or the road was particularly wet the camera warning would come up on the screen, and in some instances activate the vehicle stop because of the light being refracted from the rain hitting the surface of the road and fooling the system.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Mine did it today. Hope its just a leaf as well. Will be going in for Dashcam power supply fitting so they can check it then.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Does anyone get the symbol on the Dash when parked close to a car. Took car to be booked in for Dashcam and inestigate Impaired Driver Assist message and when I was leaving it said driver Assist and the small orange symbol but didnt sat Impaired. Is this normal when parked close to something. As soon as I reversed it went off. Drove 20 miles home no problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
had my Mk2 Tiguan 2 weeks (2.0TSI R LINE) and the only problem has been the Front Assist Warning coming on two separate occasions on the motorway!! Reading this forum(I am new) it seems to be a general problem. Lets hope they can fix this - otherwise great car!

please VW own up and recall!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same issue with mine...very frustrating ....when sensor not working the cruise control won't work at all. As I do high mileage this is a disaster.

Car now in three times. First time reset on computer...then 3 days and now a week.
There is clearly a problem either with software or sensor or both. A friend with a Golf has had no problem and the Passat courtesy car is fine.

I hear that there is a VW fix for certain chassis numbers but mine isn't covered!

I will reject the car soon if it isn't fixed as I have only had it just over 8 weeks....well less actually because the dealer has had for two! So annoyed because otherwise it is a lovely car and just what I wanted.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Not had any more probs with mine. Tech said no faults logged when I had it in for this and dashcam wiring. I did pull a leaf out from behind the grill. All good so far.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've done 10k miles now and had the warning twice. Once when driving through a rough wet muddy field and it cleared as soon as I hit the tarmac - car covered in mud so I was not surprised. The other was in torrential rain (had to slow to 30 mph on motorway it was so bad) and it cleared as soon as it eased a bit. So as far as I am concerned both just temporary obstructions which cleared in minutes. Worked perfectly for the other 9,995 miles!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Service Manager seemed to accept they occassionly show warnings when abstructed by heavy rain/leaves etc.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.