Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
I don't even recall a light telling me it's doing a DPF - it just gets on with it. Can't be more convenient IMO
I think we're talking apples and oranges though in terms of tech from a 2010 passat to a 2020 Tig
As I said there isn't a light until the filter is blocked and then it could be a problem. I would just like to be able to instigate the process when convenient to me. However, maybe my 2010 Passat isn't as good with regens as modern diesels.

·
Registered
907 Posts
If I went with one it wound the 2.0 tdi 150 bhp be good enough for me. You say it’s not good mpg doing under 25 miles? My drive to work is only 5 miles.
5 miles?? If I worked 5 miles away I'd be walking or cycling!!!

Reactions: adamcovfan

·
Registered
236 Posts
With such low mileage I’d opt for the 150tsi. Cheaper to buy in the first place. You’d need to do a lot of miles to recoup the difference in cost. Likely resale value will be better long term too as diesels lose favour. The. 150 tsi is a sweet little engine. Not massively powerful but adequate unless you’re towing. The Tig is a heavy car so fuel economy isn’t great with any engine.

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Just remember that even a petrol engine needs a good run now and again just to get the oil really hot and clean off any build up of carbon. 5 miles to work and then 5 miles back again every day for month after month might mean it's a low mileage come re-sale time but I'd rather buy a high mileage car if I know it's been regularly driven down the motorway.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'd say go and speak to your dealer. In my opinion, and it is just my opinion, you'd be better off with a new 150 TSI. On the trim level your looking at, by the time your part ex vehicle is added and the dealer discounts applied, you'd probably end up paying less for a new one.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Part ex mine the balance is 26.5 k that’s with spare wheel all around camera and Victoria wheels 19 inch.
OTR price £32870. With the dealership extra warranty delivery pack service etc .
What spec are you after?
Make sure you check out AutoeBid and drivethedeal to get the absolute best prices

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Do check out the price sites I mentioned. Really can save you a bundle.
EDIT: it may make the elegance more 'affordable'

·
Registered
4 Posts
Currently a t-roc 1.0 owner ordered a Tiguan 1.5 150 petrol life model.
I have noticed the new petrol e10 unleaded is not lasting long I’m buying more.
Is the Tiguan a thirsty car ?. I’m now thinking should I change it to a diesel model even though I don’t do many miles.
Can’t afford an electric one just now though but I think the government are pushing us that way.
My new Tiguan will be in pcp for the first time built next March! So they said at the time of ordering.
I've recently got a Tiguan Allspace 1.5TSI, I did have a Tiguan 2.0 TDI, and have now been using Sainbury's petrol E10, and I can't believe how much more it costs to run compared to the diesel engine I had. I too have heard that although Sainbury's E5 super unleaded fuel is dearer, there is more mileage to be obtained. So, the next time I need fuel (probably tomorrow!) I'll be trying the E5. I'll let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got back from the petrol station, NO E5 LEFT!!! Was told there has an unprecedented rush for E5 instead of the E10! Apparently the service station was unprepared for the "sudden" rush for E5 purchases. So, instead of trying/testing/comparing E5 against E10 I'm stuck with E10 yet again. Personally, from qetting information from various sources, I reckon I'd be better off with E5 for both performance and value and hope it won't be too long before I have definite proof one way or another.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Just got back from the petrol station, NO E5 LEFT!!! Was told there has an unprecedented rush for E5 instead of the E10! Apparently the service station was unprepared for the "sudden" rush for E5 purchases. So, instead of trying/testing/comparing E5 against E10 I'm stuck with E10 yet again. Personally, from qetting information from various sources, I reckon I'd be better off with E5 for both performance and value and hope it won't be too long before I have definite proof one way or another.
Which means you going back to fill up sooner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts