Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've done another half tank fill of E5 Super from Sainsbury, (my local, not George's), So my tank is probably running E6 now. We recently returned from holiday when I had the tyres pressures increased for Full Load. When we got back I set them at Comfort Setting, 33psi all round. After a week or so of my daily commute, I noticed that the MPG had dropped. I originally put this down to the E10 fuel, however, on reading the Owners Manual it does say that setting the tyres to Comfort Pressures may lead to increased fuel consumption. So, I've now set the tyres back to standard 38psi all round. Lets see if that makes a difference along with the E5.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've done another half tank fill of E5 Super from Sainsbury, (my local, not George's), So my tank is probably running E6 now. We recently returned from holiday when I had the tyres pressures increased for Full Load. When we got back I set them at Comfort Setting, 33psi all round. After a week or so of my daily commute, I noticed that the MPG had dropped. I originally put this down to the E10 fuel, however, on reading the Owners Manual it does say that setting the tyres to Comfort Pressures may lead to increased fuel consumption. So, I've now set the tyres back to standard 38psi all round. Lets see if that makes a difference along with the E5.
Quite likely as firmer tyres generate less rolling resistance. Incidentally, I was quite surprised when reading about a Tesla Model3 which has recommended tyre pressures of 42psi all round.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts