Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
i am now at 3 weeks with this issue . car was brought to main dealer and been waiting for a resolution
it really is crazy they tell me that they have 4 in the garage with same fault and cant get the part from Volkswagen
it really is a shame because other than this i have not had any problems with my r line
very sad
Don’t accept from the dealer that it’s a problem with a fuse or the battery (as many have written about). The P0805 Clutch Position Sensor Circuit shows on diagnostics UNLESS specific VW scanner is used. When we were able to drive until the error appeared again (done by driving up and down freeway in either direction of VW dealer/service to ensure we would be close when it triggered), only then were VW able to connect their diagnostics and detect the actual problem. Mechatronic unit!
We have taken our Tig for a drive through winding roads with various altitude to test and all well.
Have read that more regular lub service would be a good idea to ensure good maintenance, but have to look into that.
Good luck. As you said a great car…except for this problem.
perhaps you need to show your dealer my three posts, especially that the mechatronic unit was replaced at NO CHARGE even though out of warranty.
It appears we have been very fortunate to have this done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Coming across an issue with my Tiguan 2017 2.0, 7 speed dsg auto - 45300miles on the clock.

After 35mins of driving roughly the emergency gearbox mode (you can drive on) comes up and goes into limp mode. I then switch of the engine and it goes back to normal for 20 mins then message comes back.

If I leave the car overnight, it drives fine Asif nothing is wrong until it's all warmed up roughly 30mins of driving then back into emergency mode only gears 2 4 and 6.

My friend plugged it into his basic code reader and fault P0805 clutch positioning sensor circuit came up.

Any ideas what this could be or anyone came across similar issues?

I've read about mechtronic box failure but surely not being 2017 and only 45300 on the clock, and of course out of warranty.

Cheers
I have experienced the same yesterday..Was driving on holiday to Minehead in UK... i got 2017 Tiguan 2.0 SEL clocked 44600... last 30 min gearbox went into emergency mode only driving in odds... finally reached the place, switched off and switched on after 1 min, error disappeared,, managed to drive within carpark.... not sure whats the problem.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have experienced the same yesterday..Was driving on holiday to Minehead in UK... i got 2017 Tiguan 2.0 SEL clocked 44600... last 30 min gearbox went into emergency mode only driving in odds... finally reached the place, switched off and switched on after 1 min, error disappeared,, managed to drive within carpark.... not sure whats the problem.....
Hi, once my car went into this fault it would happen intermitant. But has done it for the past 6 months. Mechatronics seems to be the main fault but I traced it to a faulty sensor in the exhaust system?
Dilema is pay £100 pH at vw and its a minor problem or find out its the mechatronics? Depending on your warrenty or not. I had no warrenty. I have sold mine now as I just couldn't trust the car anymore. Shame because they are great cars and ashame vw don't hold their hands up to faulty /poor built vw parts.
Get diagnostics on it and that should tell you the fault. Some faults creat multiple other problems that aren't related?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, once my car went into this fault it would happen intermitant. But has done it for the past 6 months. Mechatronics seems to be the main fault but I traced it to a faulty sensor in the exhaust system?
Dilema is pay £100 pH at vw and its a minor problem or find out its the mechatronics? Depending on your warrenty or not. I had no warrenty. I have sold mine now as I just couldn't trust the car anymore. Shame because they are great cars and ashame vw don't hold their hands up to faulty /poor built vw parts.
Get diagnostics on it and that should tell you the fault. Some faults creat multiple other problems that aren't related?
I agree... have to drive home first .... stressful it is... gonna sell it onnce sorted... just a question... if fault disappears from the dash, does it still remains on ecu log history...thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree... have to drive home first .... stressful it is... gonna sell it onnce sorted... just a question... if fault disappears from the dash, does it still remains on ecu log history...thanks
When you clear the fault, you clear the history, until fault returns but fault history isn't logged historically I believe.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts