Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my new Tiguan Rline 4 motion 150 DSG 4motion 6 weeks now and I love it. It was an ex demo so it has all the extras apart from a Tow bar, I think the blacked wing mirrors set it off nicely. I traded in a Mk1 se for it so I'm going to miss being able to bump up and down the curbs! Ha
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
This looks very nice. Do the wing mirrors come black as standard?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Adamsy said:
Had my new Tiguan Rline 4 motion 150 DSG 4motion 6 weeks now and I love it. It was an ex demo so it has all the extras apart from a Tow bar, I think the blacked wing mirrors set it off nicely. I traded in a Mk1 se for it so I'm going to miss being able to bump up and down the curbs! Ha
Just arranged delivery of my r line for next Thursday, cannot wait!!!! Seems like forever (17weeks) but not as l long as some :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SUVirgin said:
Adamsy said:
Had my new Tiguan Rline 4 motion 150 DSG 4motion 6 weeks now and I love it. It was an ex demo so it has all the extras apart from a Tow bar, I think the blacked wing mirrors set it off nicely. I traded in a Mk1 se for it so I'm going to miss being able to bump up and down the curbs! Ha
Just arranged delivery of my r line for next Thursday, cannot wait!!!! Seems like forever (17weeks) but not as l long as some :(
Enjoy, they're lovely motors!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Adamsy said:
Gonna have the back end debadged this week aswell with just an R badge off a Golf in there place. What do you's think?
mine is gonna be debagded at the rear but just leaving it like that .

personally i think its a bit toy, why would you put an R badge on it when its not an R , there is a massive difference performance wise ( 120bhp ) between an R and an R line

i like the black mirrors though , any side view pics ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tonymar said:
Adamsy said:
Gonna have the back end debadged this week aswell with just an R badge off a Golf in there place. What do you's think?
mine is gonna be debagded at the rear but just leaving it like that .

personally i think its a bit toy, why would you put an R badge on it when its not an R , there is a massive difference performance wise ( 120bhp ) between an R and an R line

i like the black mirrors though , any side view pics ?
I was half thinking that aswell to be honest, think I'll just leave it debadged.

I'll grab a pic in an hour or so for you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
610 Posts
Are you doing the debadge yourself? which method are you thinking of doing as I've heard there are about 3 ways of doing this, but I'm worried of the paint damage that could be done????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I'll just do it myself With a heat source (hairdryer) and some dental floss to get the badges off, some AutoSmart Tardis Adhesive remover for the excess residue then a good clean and polish.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
FTT said:
Are you doing the debadge yourself? which method are you thinking of doing as I've heard there are about 3 ways of doing this, but I'm worried of the paint damage that could be done????
Mine is being done by VW , but done it before myself on an audi just took my time and used a plastic spatula and a bit of t cut afterwards no loblem
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
610 Posts
cheers guys , yeah was wondering if to wait for first service and ask VW to do it, ;) more of a back covering exercise than anything
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Why do people de badge? It is still a Tiguan R Line... never really understood why, is it all to do with hiding what you are driving engine wise? Genuine question.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Personal preference really. I like the look of a plain rear end :shock: it just looks less busy without the 4motion, 2.0TDI and Tiguan on there. The 'r' would stay on the front and sides.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
Fully agree with adamsy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
tonymar said:
Adamsy said:
Gonna have the back end debadged this week aswell with just an R badge off a Golf in there place. What do you's think?
mine is gonna be debagded at the rear but just leaving it like that .

personally i think its a bit toy, why would you put an R badge on it when its not an R , there is a massive difference performance wise ( 120bhp ) between an R and an R line

i like the black mirrors though , any side view pics ?
Here you go mate
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top