Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had mine a month now 3k on clock (busy work month) and loving it.
Just managed to get it into detailers for full protection treatment.
Big thanks to James as I think he has done a great job ! :D Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Land vehicle Grille

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Danb said:
Had mine a month now 3k on clock (busy work month) and loving it.
Just managed to get it into detailers for full protection treatment.
Big thanks to James as I think he has done a great job ! :D IMG_3500.jpgIMG_3503.jpgIMG_3503.jpgIMG_3477.jpgIMG_3475.jpgIMG_3495.jpg
Wow! This is looking mint. Perfect shine. Would you mind saying what detailing was undertaken and approximate cost.

I really want mine fully detailed when it arrives, but doubt I can stretch to a ceramic coating film. Probably just ask for a full detail job and Gtechniq or similar protection applied. Did you have to leave the car for more than a day?

Trouble is finding anywhere around Devon or Cornwall to do the work. I'm not keen on leaving it with anyone overnight.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi jj1;
1st car ive had detailed.
Interior Hoover
*Dashboard / Trims / Glass cleaned
*Leather / Fabric seats cleaned / conditioned / Protected
*Citrus Pre-Wash
*Snow Foam
*Full Safe Wash
*Wheels Deep Cleaned
*Paintwork De-Tarred
*Paintwork Metal contaminants Removed
*Paintwork Clay Barred
*Si02 Paint Primer applied by Machine Polisher
*2 Coats of Angelwax Enigma Ceramic Wax (Up to 12 months protection)
*Trims Dressed
*Wheels Nano Sealant applied
*Glass Front / Rear Nano Sealant applied
*Exhaust cleaned and Nano Sealant applied
*Engine Bay cleaned and dressed

Total cost £240. Dropped off at 8am picked up at 5pm.
Could have upgraded to ceramic wax (probably will next year) extra £100 but that takes 2 days.
Got mine done in Preston so probably a bit far for you ?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Looks fantastic, great job by your detailer. Thank you for sharing.

Both the immediate appearance, and more importantly, the ease of future cleaning and durability of finish make this a very attractive proposition.

Like you I'm going to be busy for the few weeks after collecting the vehicle so this will have to wait until June.

Looking for a decent detailer relatively local to me. Got treatment done on last car by the dealer which was a total waste of money. An outfit somewhere in Birmingham or Bristol would mean that wife and I could have a day out with a nice lunch or maybe two days with a hotel if going for a ceramic coating. Spending more by staying overnight would ironically smooth the waters over the cost of the treatment...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chas said:
Looks fantastic, great job by your detailer. Thank you for sharing.

Both the immediate appearance, and more importantly, the easer of future cleaning and durability of finish make this a very attractive proposition.

Like you I'm going to be busy for the few weeks after collecting the vehicle so this will have to wait until June.

Looking for a decent detailer relatively local to me. Got treatment done on last car by the dealer which was a total waste of money. An outfit somewhere in Birmingham or Bristol would mean that wife and I could have a day out with a nice lunch or maybe two days with a hotel if going for a ceramic coating. Spending more by staying overnight would ironically smooth the waters over the cost of the treatment...
Haha - mine would agree :lol: . There must be a "tiguan owners other halfs" forum somewhere - where they work out what then can get out of us to balance these extras off

·
Registered
220 Posts
Danb said:
Hi jj1;
1st car ive had detailed.
Interior Hoover
*Dashboard / Trims / Glass cleaned
*Leather / Fabric seats cleaned / conditioned / Protected
*Citrus Pre-Wash
*Snow Foam
*Full Safe Wash
*Wheels Deep Cleaned
*Paintwork De-Tarred
*Paintwork Metal contaminants Removed
*Paintwork Clay Barred
*Si02 Paint Primer applied by Machine Polisher
*2 Coats of Angelwax Enigma Ceramic Wax (Up to 12 months protection)
*Trims Dressed
*Wheels Nano Sealant applied
*Glass Front / Rear Nano Sealant applied
*Exhaust cleaned and Nano Sealant applied
*Engine Bay cleaned and dressed

Total cost £240. Dropped off at 8am picked up at 5pm.
Could have upgraded to ceramic wax (probably will next year) extra £100 but that takes 2 days.
Got mine done in Preston so probably a bit far for you ?
Thanks Dan. My R-Line White Tiguan will hopefully look as great as yours. I can't wait for it to arrive and in the meantime I need to find a detailer on Devon or Cornwall who can detail like yours in a day for under £300.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts