Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! My name is Laurus, actually my nicname 'Ome Laurus' means 'Uncle Laurus', has something to do with funny TomTom satnav voices i created.
3 weeks ago i got my VW Tiguan model 2018 1.4 (125 Hp) Comfortline Business in Dark Moss Green and the two-tone Rhombus Stormgrey/Black interior.
I love the car, but i can't help but notice that the high-end finish/quality control i got used to from VW is no longer what it's used to be.
Just before 'Diesel-gate' i got a brand new Passat and the built quality was much higher than what i see in the Tiguan.

Issues i had with the Tiguan so far:
- Delivered with stains in both front seats (fixed after 2! visits to a specialized detailer, paid for by dealer)
- Left rear door scraping over interior panel (fixed by dealer)
- White 'dot' on lower interior panel near right door (still being assessed, caused by putting too much pressure on a mis-aligned notch)
- Intermittend errors with the multimedia display, everything functions but no picture (still being assessed.. i hate intermittend errors!)
- Ordered without spare tire, but lacked the 'Tire Mobility Set' too at delivery (fixed by dealer)

After 4 days ownership:
- Chip and dent in right front door caused by a 'lady' smashing her door into mine.. while i'm still in the car! Too bad for her :(

After 8 days ownership:
- Chip and dent in door repaired, but inside of the car misused by body shop (grease stains everywhere, a scratch in the middle console and _deep_ scratches in the gearknob 'glass'. Still waiting for the body shop to fix this.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Laurus, welcome to the forum.

Wow, so many things going wrong in such a short space of time. you have my sympathy. I hope the driving experience is helping make up for everything that has happened. Lets hope things improve for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Lagerorwine, I'm confident all the issues will be fixed soon.
I absolutely love how the Tiguan handles (with and without all the 'assists'), it absolutely makes up for all the relative small things that went wrong.
When testdriving i was able to test one with standard suspension and one with the lowered 'sports' suspension, i chose the 'sports' suspension. It made such a difference in handling overall, not only when taking tight corners.
The Park Assist still scares the sh*t out of me, it steers the car so much closer to the other parked cars than i would do myself. But it actually works very well!
Getting the electric handsfree tailgate to work took some practicing.. it needs a certain way of placing your foot under the car. You need to stand close, but not too close.. it doesn't want to hit you in the face ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Lagerorwine, I'm confident all the issues will be fixed soon.
I absolutely love how the Tiguan handles (with and without all the 'assists'), it absolutely makes up for all the relative small things that went wrong.
When testdriving i was able to test one with standard suspension and one with the lowered 'sports' suspension, i chose the 'sports' suspension. It made such a difference in handling overall, not only when taking tight corners.
The Park Assist still scares the sh*t out of me, it steers the car so much closer to the other parked cars than i would do myself. But it actually works very well!
Getting the electric handsfree tailgate to work took some practicing.. it needs a certain way of placing your foot under the car. You need to stand close, but not too close.. it doesn't want to hit you in the face ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts