1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
It is PW24W

·
Registered
352 Posts
As VW stinted some LED lights in trims below SEL I have done some mods with my SE Nav.

1. Replaced standard H7 dipped beam bulb with OSRAM H7 Night Breaker Laser which is allegedly better than well known and praised OSRAM Night Breaker Unlimited. Here is comparision between them: https://www.powerbulbs.com/blog/2016/09/osram-night-breaker-unlimited-osram-night-breaker-laser I wasn't able to really test them to compare to OEM H7s but we'll see.

2. Replaced standard PW24W DRL bulbs with CREE Canbus LED DRLs which are plug-and-play replacement for OEM bulbs. Below is the standard PW24W bulb and LED replacement as well as difference when installed in Tig.

Circuit component Auto part Engineering Composite material Metal

Tire Automotive tire Product Rectangle Tread

Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Automotive design Headlamp

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
Roy said:
Hi
Can you let us know if there is an improvement with replacement main beam bulb.
Also what about high beam, are you doing anything?
Cheers
Roy
Hi Roy,
There is a visible improvement comparing to standard H7s but can't tell you if the distance lit is any longer. Simply I changed the bulbs based on online reviews.
I didn't change the high beams. I think there's no point doing this. We probably drive on dipped beams and DRLs most of the time so that's why I focused on them only.

DublinTiguan said:
Hello Slim,
Can you post the link to the Cambus error free led Drl that you bought?

Thanks again.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251803362361

·
Registered
11 Posts
SlimPollack said:
As VW stinted some LED lights in trims below SEL I have done some mods with my SE Nav.

1. Replaced standard H7 dipped beam bulb with OSRAM H7 Night Breaker Laser which is allegedly better than well known and praised OSRAM Night Breaker Unlimited. Here is comparision between them: https://www.powerbulbs.com/blog/2016/09/osram-night-breaker-unlimited-osram-night-breaker-laser I wasn't able to really test them to compare to OEM H7s but we'll see.

2. Replaced standard PW24W DRL bulbs with CREE Canbus LED DRLs which are plug-and-play replacement for OEM bulbs. Below is the standard PW24W bulb and LED replacement as well as difference when installed in Tig.

View attachment 449

View attachment 450

View attachment 451
Thanks Slim.

I'll think I'll do the same.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Replaced standard PW24W DRL bulbs with CREE Canbus LED DRLs which are plug-and-play replacement for OEM bulbs. Below is the standard PW24W bulb and LED replacement as well as difference when installed in Tig.
not wishing to sound stupid...seeing as you have swapped and shown the picture - but when you follow the link to the CREE Canbus and look at the comparability....it says they aren't compatible with the Tiguan Mk 2!!!

do you get any error messages in the dash or had any problems???

Jon

·
Registered
6 Posts
HI guys,

I have successfully upgraded my dipped beam and high beams to OSRAM cool blue H7s which make them look much whiter than the standard yellowy halogen bulbs :D .

I've ordered some PW24W LEDs for the DRLs which should be arriving soon. Just wanted to ask how do I change these? Are the DRL bulbs in the same place below the head lamps and I just have to reach further down?

Thanks,

Bushido
Tiguan 2016 - 2.0 TDI (150) 4Motion

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hi Bushido,

Thanks for your PM however for the benefit of all forum members I will reply here.

Changing DRLs is more tricky comparing to headlights. You've got plastic extension thingy inside headlight assembly (AFAIR just below the dipped beam bulb). Turn it anticlockwise and pull it from the housing. Wiring is long enough to take it outside the headlamp assembly. Once DRL bulb is changed put it back into the DRL housing (this is the most difficult thing ;) ) and lock it by turning clockwise. Job done

·
Registered
26 Posts
Re DRL just fitted the LED PW24W and agree its somewhat fiddly to relocate - took out headlamp bulbs and holders and did seem to help as moved the wiring out of the way. definitely £15 well spent. I have question though which just noticed on way home from work today - when front indicators are on the DRL goes off on that side - hadn't noticed before I swapped to the LED DRL (maybe like that with original bulbs?) Thanks

1 - 20 of 53 Posts