Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tyres are Hankook on Victoria 19" and I don't think may be self sealing. I am going to get my rear n/s tyre checked tomorrow as I may have a puncture, as my warning for tyre pressures keeps coming on and been keeping an eye on it over the last week or so and losing 20 psi over the week.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Follow up to my earlier post..... Took car in and it indeed had a 4" long very thin screw right in the middle of the tyre between the tread. The Hankook's are self sealing as stated so screw was taken out a little more self sealing gunk applied where the screw came out. So all in all very happy they are self sealing for normal punctures if you pull the screw/nail out......Oh and no charge done free of charge ;) very happy :D :D :D

·
Registered
835 Posts
A Story on our previous Nissan QQ.
It went in for an exhaust bracket to be looked at, as part for the check they also do a courtesy check over of the car. they pointed out to me that I had a nail in the centre of the tread in the middle of the tyre and that I would need a new tyre...I think not thinks me, and off to my local garage to have it sorted.
The bloke took the car and came back with the nail which turns out to be just the head of a pin tack!!
Now if I had been some old lady or bloke they would probably paid out for a new tyre from my dealer.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm picking up my new Tig on Monday which will have the standard Victoria alloys with 235/50r19 tyres. Dealer confirmed it has Hankook tyres but didn't confirm which Hankook tyre. Hankook are new to me though I see you have confirmed that they are self sealing.

Can you confirm which Hankook tyre VW are using. I am particularly interested to be reassured that the tyre has a kerbing rib protection (not that I am used to kerbing my alloys though I will confess on an occasion I have benefitted from the kerbing rib protection - my last set of wheels were 5 years old and no kerbing damage).

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
billc47 said:
I'm picking up my new Tig on Monday which will have the standard Victoria alloys with 235/50r19 tyres. Dealer confirmed it has Hankook tyres but didn't confirm which Hankook tyre. Hankook are new to me though I see you have confirmed that they are self sealing.

Can you confirm which Hankook tyre VW are using. I am particularly interested to be reassured that the tyre has a kerbing rib protection (not that I am used to kerbing my alloys though I will confess on an occasion I have benefitted from the kerbing rib protection - my last set of wheels were 5 years old and no kerbing damage).
Hi 'billc47'.....I have just been and looked for you.....Hankook Ventus S1 evo 2 SUV :) :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
stumpy said:
Hi 'billc47'.....I have just been and looked for you.....Hankook Ventus S1 evo 2 SUV :) :)
Many thanks for the info, much appreciated

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
52 Posts
Out of interest, does anyone know what determines what tyres you get?
On my SEL standard Vitoria rims I got Pirelli's and took delivery late Dec.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
billc47 said:
stumpy said:
Many thanks for the info, much appreciated
no probs :D :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Was looking on Hankook UK site, Black Circles etc. Interesting that the Ventus Evo2 SUV tyre appears not to be available in the 235/50r19 size as per the Tiguan SEL standard Victoria alloy. A Google search only turns up various European sites with the 235/50r19 available in a "Ventus Evo2 SUV Seal Guard" variant which fits in with the VW self sealing specification. Presumably the UK tyre dealers will stock it sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I've got the Hankook tyres as well - Must admit that I was a bit disappointed to get a new car with a less well known brand fitted compared to say Pirelli or Continental; but they seem to come out pretty well in reviews and I've no complaints about the noise levels or performance (Albeit with the fairly sedate driving that I've done on them so far !)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I picked my SE Nav up February and I have Continental Contisport Contact

·
Registered
328 Posts
My SEL cam with Pirelli Scorpions. Coincidentally the motorcycle I bought last year also came with Pirelli Scorpions, hopefully they don't have much in common as they were worn out by 2,500 miles...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts