Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've had the car just over a week and still getting used to all the functions. Must admit I'm at that stage in life where glasses are becoming a must. Still not wanting to wear them for driving but with this new car I think it's going to be a must. Information such as time and mileage in very small font that I'm finding it hard to read (hence the need for varifocal glasses etc.). Couple of niggles with the car being;

Heated rear window when on, does not have any warning light. I keep leaving it switched on and not remembering to put it back to 'left' mirror.
When dynamic lights in use at night, I'm finding the main beam does not come on quick enough when oncoming cars have passed. This gets worse when you are travelling at speed at night, especially on dark minor roads. Desperately trying to allow the automatic beam to do it's business, but it's just too slow and end up flicking main beam on manually.

Apart from that, really enjoying the ride as was worried from previous car reviews, the ride on 20" wheels would be too harsh.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
hantshog said:
Heated rear window when on, does not have any warning light. I keep leaving it switched on and not remembering to put it back to 'left' mirror.
Hi Hantshog and welcome to the forum. Are you perhaps getting confused between the Heated rear window switch and heated door mirror switch, which are separate switches. My Heated rear window switch (in the left dial on the heater switches) has got a light when on. The heated door mirror switch annoyingly does not have a light, and I too forget to switch it back to 'left mirror'.

Steve

·
Registered
352 Posts
+1 what Steve says:

Lower half of the left hand side dial has got a small LED indicating rear window heating is on.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Essjay Yes you are totally correct, I did mean the heated mirrors. I gather the heated mirrors will only work at a certain outside temperatures below +20 deg C (that's what my manual says, which is pretty much all the time then in this country :) ) So by not remembering to turn them off is down to the driver. Whereby the rear window switches of automatically after 10 mins.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts