Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
I have a Tiguan SEL TDi 150 which was delivered back in January, when ordering the Tig I was told service intervals of 20k or 2yrs but this week after 8600mls its saying 1200mls to Oil Service.
Called the local VW Dealer whom quoted £164 inc vat & parts.... have others had an Oil Service warning around 10k ??

PS:
Love the Tiguan!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, i didnt realise that theres two plans... i do about 20k per year so need to change to the flexible plan asap!. Is changing to variable servicing something the dealer needs to undertake??

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yes, he can do this and could have set it up for you on initial delivery. Maybe worth a chat with them to see if they can change it now, midstream.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Same here. I thought I was on the flexible service plan rather than the fixed version. It had its first oil change service yesterday at the 9000 or so miles and when I queried them they said if you took out a service plan, one of the conditions is that it has to be fixed not flexible! Mine was free as part of an SUV event when I purchased last Oct but I will be there again soon for my 2nd service as I will be driving to Sicily next month, 3000+ miles in just over 2 weeks!
Can't complain with the service though as it's my first VW and didn't realise they provide you with a short video of your vehicle showing the status of the underside of your car, shock absorbers, exhaust, tyre depths etc. Very high tech.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for all the feedback, spoke to VW who confirmed the service should be set to variable with it being on a PCH contract, they told me to speak with local dealer who then said it does have longlife oil so i need to pop in for a quick computer update to switch the service from fixed to variable.... at no cost!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts