Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all just to inform you all that the head light condensation problem has not gone away. 3 days ago we purchased our 2020 R line tech and all was well until the next morning when we noticed condensation in the front indicators ( photos 1&2) tonight the condensation has spread into the head lights as well (photos 3&4)… Booked in at Tamworth dealer to be inspected by an engineer.

Automotive parking light Grille Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood
Automotive parking light Grille Vehicle Car Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Automotive lighting Car

·
Registered
183 Posts
Wow that's the worst one I have seen. Hope you get it sorted out.

·
Super Moderator
3,018 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
We just purchased a used Tiguan mk2 registered 12/2017. No chance of VW replacing it as it is out of warranty. Been quoted £229 + £100 per hour to replace it by VW Its just plain wrong I've got a 2011 Fiat panda with better lights than this!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
It has a 3 month mechanical.electrical warranty but reading that seems a headlamp isnt covered. the light was clear when purchased i only noticed the water in it after my son pressure washed the car!
The nearside one is bone dry. A search on Google reveals lots of drivers side headlamps seem to have issues? I've dried the thing out with a hairdryer and vacuum cleaner and used cat litter in a coffee filter but the condensation keeps coming back. I don't understand If its normal then why isn't the other headlamp filled with water?

·
Registered
32 Posts
We just purchased a used Tiguan mk2 registered 12/2017. No chance of VW replacing it as it is out of warranty. Been quoted £229 + £100 per hour to replace it by VW Its just plain wrong I've got a 2011 Fiat panda with better lights than this!
Some years back I had a Ford KA where the headlights were constantly fogging up. I eventually removed the lamp fitting, dried it out thoroughly in the airing cupboard, then sealed around the join between the cover and backing with large amounts of clear silicone sealant. A fiddly and messy job - but it solved the problem. No idea how easy/difficult Tiguan headlamp units are to remove, but it may be a solution (for the warmer, drier weather).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts