Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

When I took a test drive of a tig the Heads up Display showed the speed limit above the current speed. I've gone through the handbook again it shows the sped limit but can't find any instructions on how to switch it on.

I've gone through the car menu and can't find an option to turn this on and I don't seem to have it.

Does anyone else have this and can you help me find it?

Thanks

Ken

·
Registered
463 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that's what I mean. Is it an option in he menu?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just checked I don't have a road signs option. Anyone know if this was an optional extra that I needed to purchase?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well in netherlands it was an extra - but a free one...never really understood that - why not just include it...luckily I put the whole price list and options into Google translate and found it...was Def an option to be checked.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Hi Tazzman, I have the roadsigns displayed on my HUD. If you look under Car>Setup>Head up display it should look like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,

I don't have that option on mine.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Strange? What country are you in Tazzman, wouldn't be 'down under' by any chance would it?

Steve

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Essjay,

Nottingham U.K. I'll best that it's a bloody option. I've got an SE Nav and added the option for HUD, didn't see any options for Road signs which is a little frustrating.

Thanks for your help.

Ken

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Could it be that the SE nav doesn't have the extra camera up behind the rear view mirror?

Steve

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here in Croati it's option, too. Free of charge, but optional.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Tazzman said:
Hi Essjay,

Nottingham U.K. I'll best that it's a bloody option. I've got an SE Nav and added the option for HUD, didn't see any options for Road signs which is a little frustrating.

Thanks for your help.

Ken
Ken, I see a lot of people are saying it's a no cost option. If that's the case, it's likely to only need a reprogram. I'm sure your dealer could arrange it. Maybe a trip to the dealer could help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey guys,

I just ordered a new Tiguan and can't wait for it to arrive.

I read this thread about having to add it as an option. What is the option called? I live in Sweden and the only option I can find is "Sign assist" and that one requires Navigation.

Can I use the "Speed Limit assist" without the head up display ? Will it show up on the dashboard?

Should I add the Active Info Display or is everything still available in the regular display? I prefer the looks of the normal speedometer and tachometer, but if I lose a lot of functionality maybe I should add it?

Any other options you guys think I should add?

Best Regards azcii

·
Registered
97 Posts
In sweden you need the navigation to get the sign assist. What version of the car you are chiosing? The GT version has active display by dafault i think.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Traffic sign recognition is an option which is included with SideScan in the UK, but doesn't the HUD take its info from the SatNav which I thought included speed limit information?

·
Registered
20 Posts
eelir said:
In sweden you need the navigation to get the sign assist. What version of the car you are chiosing? The GT version has active display by dafault i think.
Ok thanks! I'm getting the cheapest one, the 1.4 petrol with the executive package included.

I added better front seats and I'm thinking about adding the towbar package as well as you get the back camera and parking assist with it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
ACS said:
Traffic sign recognition is an option which is included with SideScan in the UK, but doesn't the HUD take its info from the SatNav which I thought included speed limit information?
The sales info suggests you must have the rear side scan to have the traffic sign recognition option

However this is incorrect it is standard on RLine UK spec cars possibly on the SEL models too

The speed limit display is taken from the camera in the windscreen not the sat nav, this can be confirmed by temp removing the sat nav card

1 - 19 of 19 Posts