Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to drive the deal , the newTiguan now comes with heated front windscreen as a 340 pounds option

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
tonymar said:
According to drive the deal , the newTiguan now comes with heated front windscreen as a 340 pounds option
Interesting, it's not listed in the price list dated 21st Dec 2016. :?:

Steve

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Luckily, I'm one probably of just a few, that I don't need this option ....if it's frozen outside in the morning I'll turn over and go back to sleep until the sun melts it :) That's one good thing about being retired :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Maybe they picked up the heated windscreen from EU specs? Aren't European specs different? I saw an EU VW News twitter post about fogs being LED but sure I saw a thread here somewhere saying they're halogen in the uk cars... or did I get that wrong?

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ditto Warwoo, but its not an option when I sit in the dealer's chair right now . Meanwhile, Dan confirms his offer...
Sent: 30 December 2016 12:34
To: 'Graham Cox' <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Website Enquiry

Hi Graham,

Yes but made to order and 5 is the MOQ.

About £250 + VAT each.

Thanks
Dan

Ricky Evans Motorsport Ltd
Unit 11, Roman Park
Claymore , Tame Valley Ind Est
Tamworth
Staffs
B77 5DQ

Tele 0044(0)1827283688
email [email protected]
Follow us on facebook
http://www.facebook.com/ricky.evans.motorsport

·
Registered
96 Posts
Dealer I spoke to said it is not an option for the Tiguan and only available on the Passat and maybe the Golf if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Whether the heated windscreen is or isn't yet available as an order option; would it be technically feasible to have it retro fitted as and when it is available, or would it be a factory only job ?

·
Registered
112 Posts
This option is now on the UK Configurator

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
neelytom said:
This option is now on the UK Configurator
Just checked the live UK configurator, and I still can't see it anywhere ;)

Edit: I only checked the SEL configurator, and it's not there, but checked again and it is available on the R Line configurator as a £305 extra . ;)

Steve

·
Registered
96 Posts
It is on the SEL as well, just seen it £305. May have to make a call in the morning and add this on. I have it on my Mini and have previously had it on Ford Galaxy and Focus. Great bit of kit in the winter.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Unfortunately it's not a stand alone option. It can only be had with some mobile phone wireless charging option which is an additional 300 odd quid so all in all, a heated front windscreen will cost over £600.

Bloody expensive but I'm considering it

·
Registered
244 Posts
Aaaargh ! Frustrated is not the word, with my new car now confirmed as being built. Will contact the dealer to see if it can be retrofitted, but suspect the cost will be astronomical compared to the factory fit !

·
Registered
96 Posts
AzTig: I just built a car on the configurator SEL spec and you didn't need the wireless charging option (which is pointless if you use CarPlay, as you have to plug phone in anyway)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Urrrz106 said:
AzTig: I just built a car on the configurator SEL spec and you didn't need the wireless charging option (which is pointless if you use CarPlay, as you have to plug phone in anyway)
Paul, I did the same thing this morning and thought great. So I rang my dealer who said my order could be amended; however, the heated front screen can only be had with the wireless charging crap option. There's currently two of these options on the configurator at the same price. Not sure what the difference is.

It does make sense as I recall reading somewhere that the heated screen interferes with mobile phone reception so you need the upgraded wireless/upgraded phone signal option.

Im going to pass on this option because at over 600 quid its just too expensive.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
If it does indeed interfere with mobile reception, then I would imagine if you had a dash camera with a gps receiver built in, then that would also be compromised as well ;)

Steve

·
Registered
352 Posts
This is the main drawback of having the heated front screen: it blocks (or reduces a signal) of all electronic gizmos i.e. mobile phones, dash cams, TomTom type satnavs, toll devices etc.
Thats why wireless charging is required as it includes additional inductive connection on the external aerial.

Personally I think its a waste of money in the UKs mild climate. How many days a year below 0 Celsius we've got here? Not many as average winter temp is 4.4C.
In Sweden, Norway, Finland, Germany, Poland etc you can really benefit from this feature but not here...

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
SlimPollack said:
Personally I think its a waste of money in the UKs mild climate.
And a very expensive one at that....£600 :eek:

Steve

1 - 20 of 49 Posts