Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

Long story short, walked in to the Seat garage to buy an Alteca the other day but after some very frustrating conversations with them ended up buying a tiguan half an hour later :shock: Should be getting the SEL 150 4 Motion in Indium Greay in about 3 to 4 weeks :D Am looking forward to being part of the tiguan club!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Strange... I too had a very weird experience with Seat dealer.

Seeking to buy a 2L diesel auto 4x4...
They had a top of the range diesel auto 4x4 on display inside the show room, you could sit in it, but they would not allow it to be driven, because it would "devalue it"!
They offered a 1.4 PETROL manual Ateca to test drive (I found it dreadful, can't begin to imagine what their 1.0 L petrol manual must be like!) and then they offered a people carrier to test the diesel auto drive/transmission...weird people!

And the above dealer was a 60 mile round trip from home. NOT impressed. Went to VW on the way home......

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Seat dealers just dont seem intereseted in trying to push the cars and judging by how many Tiguans vs Altecas you see on the road they're clearly not selling many, despite them always doing so well in group tests.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I also has a similar experience with Seat.. they just didn't seem interested at all! I wanted to look at an Ateca with the Excellence trim I think it was. They guy said that they will not compete with CarWow prices and that they couldn't get an Excellence in for me to test drive!? I looked at the base model and it just didn't feel as finished as the Tiguan at all.

My experience with Listers VW in Worcester so far has been exceptional though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts