Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Great forum you have here, ive found it very helpfull and well laid out.

I have a Metalic Black 190 DSG with full R line pack with leather, Innovation pack, winter pack, Dynaudio and 20' Suzuka wheels on order since the 28th of Feb. Would anyone have an idea of when i should be expecting it to arrive in the dealers based on their own order time ? Ive emailed/rang the dealer but he hasnt got a date for me yet.

THanks
Alan

Registered
Hi Mcsirl,

Im from Dublin too. The delivery is very vague. I've ordered mine Jan 10 2017, the same specs as yours but only 150bhp, at first dealer told me July delivery, but on April, dealer said it'll arrive in the country end of may or maybe earlier, then dealer contacted me again first week of May that It'll arrive first week of june. and then again dealer contacted me mid of may that the car will arrive may 28 and this time all is going well. I did not contact my dealer yet to confirm if the car has landed in the country, and I've no plans to contact the dealer, I'll just wait until they'll ring me. But he did mention to me on his last contact that June 8 is the possible delivery date. So it keeps on changing... Or maybe your car is on the same boat as mine and it's in the country already馃槂

Registered
Hi lads I'm based in Cork myself similar spec in order only difference being it's the 150 with towbar included ordered end of November start of December according to dealer vehicle is now built and on route. I'm thinking mid June buts seems I've waited this long I'm thinking I'll wait to collect in start of July for new registration. Ita booked in for. Ceramic coating in spiritdetailing Kildare so I'm thinking straight from dealer to Kildare. Longest I've ever waited for vehicle hope it's all worth it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys everyone, @Healy17 if you dont mind me asking how much is the ceramic coating and how long does it take ?

Registered
I'm new the the whole ceramic coating thing myself but spirit detailing came highly recommended hence travelling from cork. When separating to him he had three variants of coating starting at 300/400/500 I'm going for the 400 it's a Japanese product lasting about 3 years. Car prepared asnd any delivery contaminanents removed etc seating coated and wheels. I've been told a day should do it. The guy in spirit seamed very helpful when I spoke to him and had a lot of advice so worth the call. I think the 20's will be a nightmare to keep so mean to get them coated esp.

Registered
Mine too will go straight to a good detailer. He's well known as well. His name is Rob, and his business name is Mac led auto detailing . He has a top quality ceramic coating which is very good. He's based in North Dublin. You can see his work on Facebook.

Registered
Received mine after 13 weeks (having ordered in Dublin), as per my signature below. It's really a toss-up with multiple factors at play, depends on the dealership and its allocations, the options you've chosen, and the exact time of ordering as it may not be an even order distribution (globally). Dealer allegedly prioritised my order (if such a thing is even possible), so there's that too - think I did my best not to annoy him during the process.

I've heard good things about Spirit Detailing in Leixlip, haven't personally decided on going through with ceramic coating the Tiguan. I'm not convinced.. Needless to say, the car is filthy after a weeks driving and 500km on the clock. Fantastic car, to say the least.. something to look forward to!

Registered
Hi,

Updates on delivery from order to dealer.

My car did arrive on 28 May. Dealer contacted me today to collect it on friday 2 June. Unfortunately, I will be away from early morning of 2 June and will be back 5 June evening, so will be collecting on 7 June instead.

Nearly 5 months altogether from ordering to collection.

Nim

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nimrence7381 said:
Hi,

Updates on delivery from order to dealer.

My car did arrive on 28 May. Dealer contacted me today to collect it on friday 2 June. Unfortunately, I will be away from early morning of 2 June and will be back 5 June evening, so will be collecting on 7 June instead.

Nearly 5 months altogether from ordering to collection.

Nim
Thanks for the update Nim, so going on that time frame i should be expecting mine the end of July maybe. Best of luck with the car anyways bet you cant wait !!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just been told mine will arrive in the garage on the second week of July and will be ready for collection end of third week. So at least it will be a 172 plate. Now to order all the extras :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts