Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - glad to have found you- and to be here!!!

All new I have owned in the past 12 years:

Owned a Bora
Then owned a Mk5 Golf which got destroyed in a HUGE hail storm
Owned a Mazda 3 SP25 for a year.....yuck
Now own a Mk6 Golf. Couple of DSG issues and 2 wheel bearings gone in 167000 kms.

and am seriously considering a new 2WD 110 DSG Tiguan, in Australia the mid-range model is called Comfortline.

We get:

Trendline
Comfortline
Highline

The Comfortline comes with everything I need/want APART from that awesome digi-dash so I need to option that in as part of the Drivers Assistance package.

My question - getting to it - is, has ANYONE had issues with this dash? With it being electronic I am a little concerned with it's 'quality' or stability. I know it looks fantastic, but has anyone had issues or needed to, sort of, re-boot it??? Don't want it to be turning itself off as I am driving, for example!

Failing the new Tiguan, the Mk 7.5 Golf comes out in Australia in July so am considering this too with the same dashboard screen which also has a 9.2" Sat. Nav. Info screen in the console.

Thoughts on both versus each other? I KNOW this is a Tiguan forum. What made others here choose Tiguan over Golf? I NEVER warmed to the LOOK of Tiguan Mk 1, it had awkward proportions. It always looked as though it was tippy-toeing on it's front wheels to me! The new one is beautiful.

Tks all!
Rod

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey Rod. Welcome to the forum.

We have the same spec levels here in South Africa. I chose the comfortline trim and added the Active Info Display, Full LED headlights and ambient pack. Also chose leather even though we have a similarly hot climate like you, but i think it just looks better. I left off the panoramic roof due to the endless problems I have had with my roof on my S3 8V and it soured my feelings towards the car.

With regards to car choices... Well coming from a S3 which is based on similar sizes to the golf, I felt it just never had enough room to go on a trip and still feel comfortable. I also owned a Golf 6 before and it was the same.

So I figure that the tiguan is a good balance between space, comfort and looks and will meet my needs better than a hatchback again. The golf is an amazing car as well, but you need to see what's a better fit in your life right now.

Hope you enjoy the forum and it sways your view to the new Tiguan

Cheers

Brent

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Rod & welcome to the Forum. I have owned my Tiguan for 1 week now and am delighted with it. The dash display is great in terms of its clarity & breadth of info you can customise it to show. Can't speak to its reliability but I gather the same system was introduced to the Audi TT & A4 some time ago so I guess most bugs would have been sorted by now.
Regards
Murphy

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Roddy and welcome to the club....here in Cyprus we have the same range models....Trendline, Comfortline and Highline.
Having a highline for 3 months now, I can reassure you about the plenty interior space and comfort. Now as far as the looks, IMO it is a STUNNING car....and as far as the electronic dash board and digital screen both are simply fantastic. No problems at all so far and the customisation of the dash board is simply Awesome.....both elevate the car into a class above....IMO go for the digi dash no questions asked and you will not regret it....Cheers :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Tiguan all the way....No questions asked for me friend...these are 2 different cars however...it all dependa on your needs and budget :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts