Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my Tiguan SEL 2.0TDI 190PS 4Motion DSG just over 4 weeks ago, build week is w/c 20th March. Hope to get it on May 1st or earlier.
Have only added Tungsten Silver paint and DCC to the standard car. Just wish it didn't come with the Panoramic Sunroof as it does cut the headroom down a lot.
Hope it's going to be as good as my 2010 Octavia vRS Estate TDi DSG which has been faultless and great fun to drive.
Advancing years necessitated a car that is easier to get in and out of. The Tiguan is perfect in that respect.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hi Budgie,

I too have gone for an SEL, still waiting on my build week confirmation.

Being about 6ft4/5, I too had concerns about the head room, but have to say that sitting in one and lowering the drivers seat slightly, there was no problem at all - have you sat in one and had issues?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bhuna,
Had a test drive and found the headroom a bit tight (I'm 6ft 3in). An old back injury means I have the seat back fairly upright and the seat usually as high as I can. I'm sure that when I get the car I will be able to play around and get a good compromise, there's plenty of adjustments on the SEL seats.
It took some time to get the Skoda right for me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am sure will love it. I have a SEL 190 TDI too and its the best car I have had. I've no problem with the sun roof (mind you I agree its not an option I would have bothered with) but I am not as tall as you. I do have a bad back though and find the seats really supportive and comfortable and surprised myself by liking and using the massage function whenever the back is aching.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome from the other side (Norfolk) of the East Anglia border

1 - 5 of 5 Posts