Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just ordered a Tiguan R-Line 240 Bi-TDI 4 Motion DSG in Pure White, cloth interior, Reversing camera, keyless go and remote tailgate and the Dynaudio pack.

just had a build week confirmed of week commencing 27th March.

Im coming from a 2014 Audi S3 Sportback Quattro S-Tronic so a bit of a change!

can't wait for it to arrive though I will be sad to see the S3 go. I waited 6 months for the S3 so I'm hoping it won't be that long for the Tiguan!!!

Thom

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi I am from South Shields, did you order from Pulman in Sunderland?
When did you order, that's a quick build date if you have just ordered?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi we have waited 17 weeks from ordering to it arriving to uk and now have to wait 2 weeks till we have the keys in our hands 😄 So looks like you will have to be patient 😏

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Hi...welcome aboard TRSTIG...... I also changed from A3 Sportback S-Tronic. You won't regret it...so much more comfort ;) :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi TRSTIG. Good spec vehicle. My build week is 20 March, so it will be interesting to see who gets delivery first.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hi Trstig, and welcome got mine through Lookers HQ in the NE, and travel up to Alwick about 4 times a year as we love the coast line up your way :D :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cmorts1 said:
no I did some online shopping. Pullman VW on Newcastle Rd don't do leasing.

I did go to Lookers VW on Scotswood Road in Newcastle for a test drive as Pullman only had an R-Line in the showroom. Lookers PCP or Leasing options weren't even on the same planet as any other quotes I got.

Tag69 said:
Hi we have waited 17 weeks from ordering to it arriving to uk and now have to wait 2 weeks till we have the keys in our hands 😄 So looks like you will have to be patient 😏
I made the order on 20th February. I was told there was a delay in ordering due to a problem with the rear R-Line bumpers but another garage told me that was resolved. Ive been told to expect a 4 month wait. still better than a 6 month wait like my current car!

namrm said:
Hi TRSTIG. Good spec vehicle. My build week is 20 March, so it will be interesting to see who gets delivery first.
hi, thanks yeah the R-Line has an awesome spec as standard. When did you order yours?

stumpy said:
Hi...welcome aboard TRSTIG...... I also changed from A3 Sportback S-Tronic. You won't regret it...so much more comfort ;) :)
thanks man, I dont know if its the suspension of Audis, the seats or a combination of that but its sooooo much more comfortable in the Tiguan. Seats are nice and "huggy" too. Yes I know its a totally different kind of car but still, looking forward to the change.

Adamsy said:
Another Mackem here! 😎
hey bud! :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
TRSTIG said:
cmorts1 said:
no I did some online shopping. Pullman VW on Newcastle Rd don't do leasing.

I did go to Lookers VW on Scotswood Road in Newcastle for a test drive as Pullman only had an R-Line in the showroom. Lookers PCP or Leasing options weren't even on the same planet as any other quotes I got.

Tag69 said:
I made the order on 20th February. I was told there was a delay in ordering due to a problem with the rear R-Line bumpers but another garage told me that was resolved. Ive been told to expect a 4 month wait. still better than a 6 month wait like my current car!

namrm said:
hi, thanks yeah the R-Line has an awesome spec as standard. When did you order yours?

stumpy said:
thanks man, I dont know if its the suspension of Audis, the seats or a combination of that but its sooooo much more comfortable in the Tiguan. Seats are nice and "huggy" too. Yes I know its a totally different kind of car but still, looking forward to the change.

Adamsy said:
Another Mackem here! 😎
hey bud! :)
Hello marra.

Had mine 4 month or so now, not the biturbo one like. lovely motors. I haven't seen any knocking about yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello marra.

Had mine 4 month or so now, not the biturbo one like. lovely motors. I haven't seen any knocking about yet.
hey,

I've seen one white R-Line. - debadged but with the R-Line logo badge on the left where Tiguan was. couldn't stop looking at it! :D in fact, reading posts I think it was maybe your car! I saw it going up Chester road towards shell garage at grindon.

also was at Ikea in gateshead on Wednesday and saw an SE, still nice to look at. I like the diamond seat design in the other models too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
TRSTIG said:
Hello marra.

hey,

I've seen one white R-Line. - debadged but with the R-Line logo badge on the left where Tiguan was. couldn't stop looking at it! :D in fact, reading posts I think it was maybe your car! I saw it going up Chester road towards shell garage at grindon.

also was at Ikea in gateshead on Wednesday and saw an SE, still nice to look at. I like the diamond seat design in the other models too.
Haha that's me mate.

Get a lot of looks in it, I thinks it's because there's not many on the road yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ah ok

couldn't do me a favour could you?

I've been trying to find a picture of the LED headlight cutoffs. can you take a pic of yours against your garage or something? :)

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,584 Posts
Hi TRSTIG, I'm sure I'm not alone in being curious as to why you require the cut-off info?

Steve

·
Registered
73 Posts
TRSTIG said:
ah ok

couldn't do me a favour could you?

I've been trying to find a picture of the LED headlight cutoffs. can you take a pic of yours against your garage or something? :)
I would but I've no idea what you're on about haha

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm sure no matter how long we all wait it will be with it 😄

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Basically if you park in front of your garage say 10 feet or so away then turn on your headlights so they are shining on the garage door and take a photo. (Preferably from inside the car)

Like this. A pic from the US so ours should be reversed.

Line Font Parallel Display device Electronic device

Really hoping for the blue tint as I missed that in my S3. That's got LED headlights but they don't have a great cutoff, or a blue tint as they're not a projector lens. If I'm losing people here then oh well :roll: :geek:

I had a mk5 golf gti before my S3 and decided to do a little modding. So I changed the lenses in the projector oem xenon headlights to improve the cutoff. I also put integrated drl and indicators in replacing the bottom part of the light. I'll try and find a pic tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm also coming from a 2014 S3 and although I've loved the current car I think its the right move. Just hope the wait is not going to be too long.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Adamsy said:
Leave it with me. I'll do it tonight 👍
Brilliant 👍😀

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ohh my from a S3 to a Tiguan must be quite the change. My change wasn't quite as drastic but was nonetheless apparent. From a x1 sdrive28 m sport ( what a mouthful) to a Tiguan 330.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts