Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Well my Tiguan SEL has allegedly been built and has left the factory a week before my confirmed build date (if I believe the app)! :D

I've been thinking about getting one since last year, went off it when VW upped the prices at christmas, then after looking at all the alternatives again for ages (I lost count of how many carwow builds I did) finally realised that it is the only car on the market that actually meets all my varied and and conflicting requirements!

By the way how pointless is the My VW app? It might as well have just two stages 1) Its been ordered, 2) You've already got it. :lol:

So really looking forward to getting my first VW since my original air cooled beetle from circa 1970!

Cheers,
John

·
Registered
47 Posts
Welcome to another Worcestershire member, hope you're wait is not too long but in the meantime keep looking out for Tiguans , there's lots of us around the county now .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks peterg!

I have been looking. Only seen three Tiguan mk2s in my travels around the Malvern area.

I might have been tempted to go for a Caribbean Blue one if I had seen one in the metal, but based on photos and as I prefer light colours for cars it had to be white.

So anyway expect to see another white one on Worcester roads sometime in July!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi John, welcome to the forum.

Living in Ledbury I'm frequently in Malvern and almost daily you can find my Tiggy parked up at the Malverns Hills car parks while I walk my dogs. Have recently invested in an annual permit which as a non resident was £33, paid for itself inside two weeks with the daily ticket now being £4.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi John, and welcome.

Same as you. Went round and round and kept returning to the Tiguan. Mine's currently in transit somewhere. Shouldn't take too long now.

Looking at your order what did you do? Go to the options page and click on select all?

:roll:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks and hi Chas and smuj.

I have seen an Indium Grey Tiguan around, or maybe I have seen two or three without realising they weren't the same car! I think there is also one that lives in Malvern that I pass most work days.

@smuj haha yes, it looks like select all on options, but there were a few I missed off, honest! Coming from a Japanese car where these extras are thrown in if you go for top of range model it did pain me to have to select so many extras, but I couldn't bring myself to downgrade my comfort features now could I? :lol:

Mine is in transit somewhere now also. Looks like VW are exceeding their quoted delivery times at the mo.

·
Registered
328 Posts
petrolhed said:
@smuj haha yes, it looks like select all on options, but there were a few I missed off, honest! Coming from a Japanese car where these extras are thrown in if you go for top of range model it did pain me to have to select so many extras, but I couldn't bring myself to downgrade my comfort features now could I? :lol:
I was originally buying an SE Nav until I looked at the spec and price difference with the SEL. Some of the options I was adding on the lesser model were included as standard plus a couple of others (namely LED headlights and sun roof) that were on the 'nice to have' list but we're ruled out on the grounds of justification vs cost. Calculated that it was around £600 more to have these included.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chas said:
petrolhed said:
I was originally buying an SE Nav until I looked at the spec and price difference with the SEL. Some of the options I was adding on the lesser model were included as standard plus a couple of others (namely LED headlights and sun roof) that were on the 'nice to have' list but we're ruled out on the grounds of justification vs cost. Calculated that it was around £600 more to have these included.
Yes I compared SE Nav and SEL many times, but I definitely wanted the panoramic sunroof as a light interior for rear passengers was top of my must have list, so I went for the SEL because of that. And the active info display was a nice to have as I do like my gadgets. It seemed the r-line differences were purely exterior styling and I think the off-road front looks the nicest of all the Tiguan options. To me somehow it looks sleeker, rather like a mini Touareg!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Didn't have much choice as I had 3 must haves; DSG (dodgy knees - age thing :p ), petrol and AWD. Only left the SEL and R Line and I thought that it wasn't worth the extra couple of grand for a bit of extra styling. Personal thing I suppose. I would have happily gone for the SE Nav as wouldn't have chosen a number of standard items on the SEL. Again a personal thing. I'm perfectly happy with my choice even though I spent a couple of grand extra.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hello and welcome John! See you on the roads around Worcester :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts