Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Greetings from Sweden!
I'am waiting on my car that was ordered week 44 2016.

The spec for it is like follows:
- 2.0 TDI 190hp.
- 4WD
- DSG
- R-line
- Deep Black Pearl
- 20" Suzuka rims
- Extra diesel heater, with remote operation
- Executive package
- Titan Black interior
- Black inner roof
- De-badged
- Side assist, rear traffic alert, traffic jam assist etc
- Electric folding mirrors with led ground lights
- Easy Open Easy Close
- Leather steering wheel with dsg paddles and comfort heating
- Sportchassie
- LED Headlights with dynamic lighting etc
- 230V outlet in trunk
- Semi-electric folding towing bar
- Keyless access
- Park-assist with rear camera
- Frontseats ergoactive with 14-way control and massage-function
Probably more extras i forgot and some are probably standard in the "GT" package we have here in Sweden.

Been waiting for the car a while now, but efter seeing how long some of you have been waiting it seems quite normal..

Glad my dealer had a customer who cancelled his/hers car and i got that manufacturing spot.
Otherwise my original order had a floating week somewhere in end of June..

Will update here with pictures and comments when it gets delivered, it was ready for shipping at the docks in Germany 2 week ago.
Should be in Sweden and comming to my dealer any day now.

//Johan

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi Johan and welcome here.

Ordered mine in Sweden as well (week 8), and it is taking too long to get build week even though I did not order R-line. I did order the team ski edition which had some extras for free in the GT package.

May I ask where are you located?

Växjö here :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi Johan, welcome. I hope you enjoy your new Tiguan once it arrives. Pictures of it are compulsory once it does :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
eelir said:
Hi Johan and welcome here.

Ordered mine in Sweden as well (week 8), and it is taking too long to get build week even though I did not order R-line. I did order the team ski edition which had some extras for free in the GT package.

May I ask where are you located?

Växjö here :)
Thanks!

I hope you will get a confirmed buildweek soon :)
Ah, the ski team version seems good, it was announced after my order was placed unfortually.
I am locaded in Norrköping so not so far away from you :)

// Johan

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
627 Posts
OMG - they've sprayed the back white.... :) :)

bet you were just itching to get in there and sit inside...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha yes! And having to wait for it for over a week doesnt help! 😊

·
Registered
97 Posts
Congrats Johan.

Why do you have to wait another week?

·
Registered
285 Posts
:D welcome Johan F from Newcastle

·
Registered
285 Posts
:D er NO welcome Johan F :D :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I am from Newcastle :oops:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
eelir said:
Congrats Johan.

My salesmen came back to work after 2 week vacation today so be havent been able to book a spot in their delivery line he says..
So the earliest delivery date he had was next tuesday after the holidays 😕

I was hoping to get my car at least this week before the holidays, couse he already told me i should have got it 1-2 weeks ago 😒

Due to that and a gerally long wait for the car (almost 6 months) i was hoping he could put my car in the front of the delivery line atleast.
Gonna contact him tomorrow and squezze him for that!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And thanks all for the welcomes! 😊

·
Registered
97 Posts
Johan F said:
eelir said:
Congrats Johan.

My salesmen came back to work after 2 week vacation today so be havent been able to book a spot in their delivery line he says..

I was hoping to get my car at least this week before the holidays, couse he already told me i should have got it 1-2 weeks ago 😒

Due to that and a gerally long wait for the car (almost 6 months) i was hoping he could put my car in the front of the delivery line atleast.
Ah the Swedish customer service, you got to love it when someone leading your case for anything goes to vacation/sick-leave and no one dares to take over and do the job to customer's staisfaction :D

·
Registered
433 Posts
eelir said:
Johan F said:
eelir said:
Congrats Johan.

Ah the Swedish customer service, you got to love it when someone leading your case for anything goes to vacation/sick-leave and no one dares to take over and do the job to customer's staisfaction :D
And I just thought that was an English thing, "not my responsibility guv" :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
97 Posts
In Sweden i have permanent clashes with administration at my job. Someone leaves for sick leave/vacation for up to two weeks and all the papers/services that I need to do my job stop because no one can take over. It is so frustrating!

EDIT:
It probably is worse for me - not working in private sector!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
eelir said:
Johan F said:
eelir said:
Congrats Johan.

Yes indeed! Was at the dealer last week to get a status update on my car as it was supposed to be delivered that week and i have not heard anything from my salesman. Not responding on call or mail.

So talked to another saleman who informed me that my salesman was on a 2 week vaccation and tried to track my car. Didnt go well when he started of by saying he couldnt tell me when my car would be manufactrured..

I stopped him and informed him that my car already have been build and sat at the german docks 3 weeks earlier.. and my regular salesman promissed delivery that week at last.

Then he understood after explaining the situation that the ordernumber didnt match up due to it was another order which the first customer cancelled couse of to long delivery timeframe. And that i got that slot instead.

He wasnt able to do a database search then as he couldnt see the "new" ordernumber..

I then asked specificly that if my car would arrived, if they would deliver it to me even that my regular salesman wasnt there. He immidietly said ofcourse, we get noticed wich cars being delivered to them and they book the predelivery-line to be able to deliver the cars to customers even if the salesman wasnt on site.

Obviosly this have failed. As my car arrived last week and first on monday when i confronted my dealer it got booked for customer-delivery and collect on next tuesday..

Got to love that customer support. :|

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am having problems with the dealer as well, albeit of different nature. This thing would almost never happen in US i feel. Not that their dealers are honest people, they are usually not, but the customer service is very different than here.

I was told 2-3 times i will get the car in 10 weeks time, with very rare delay of couple of weeks before signing the contract. As soon as I signed that changed to 20 weeks waiting, because my vienna leather seats are the cause for delay!

After that I did not receive the "Tack för att du har valt Volkswagen." email for two weeks. I was asking constantly why am I not receiving this, but was being lied that I should get that once we have estimated build week. I finally get the email and an estimated totally 16 weeks to deliver the car.

I call VW Sverige, they hook me up at some department (i think finances) they tell me they just got my order two days ago, while 2 full weeks have passed since i signed the contract. I confront my dealer, he shows me papers where everything was right, but they were using bullshit excuse why am i not getting the email. I told them VW Sverige told me i should get the email in couple of days the most (asked them via twitter).

I call VW Sverige again, and this time they change the information, they tell me they received the order on the day I signed the contract and that the email system was down for some reason!

After that I get a quote for week 34 (meaning 29 weeks for delivery, almost three times more than what i was told when signing the contract). I go to service my old car as this means 4 additional months of usage before selling. The bloody thing will now cost me more than 7000 kr, plus the car taxes were due in august another 3500 kr. Some parts had lifetime of 5000 km according to the mechanic, but i could not risk it and drive 6 months like that with two kinds. I complain again to the dealer and ask for something in return, such as prolonged factory insurance. They tell me "well we would have made you fix your car before trade-in so that is that, and we will pay for the taxes if that comes to play, oh and by the way the new preliminary build week is 19", just before the tax due date. I am not giving them my car after all those investments as I will sell it at least 15K more than what they quoted me, especially with the investments i did now. I told them to keep me updated about the possible build date changes as I will cancel my order if the build week goes over week 19.

I am starting to not trust them at all and they are the biggest VW dealer in Kronoberg and in the area, so if i get VW i am bound to service the car with them and at this point I am doubting if i should trust them with that too. I am thinking of waiting a year to save some more and go for GLC or X3.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts