Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

We just picked up our white Tiguan R line 190 ps last Saturday. So far great car but it is replacing a 2014 Jeep Cherokee 170 ltd which has been the worst car we have ever owned so am sure its a quantum leap from that anyways .

Was a bit worried about the 20" rims but on our daily cross country run to train station its good, so no worries there. Seems really comfortable to me. Fuel seems good but after the jeep too.

We are really pleased with the service from ordering in June from Blade Honda Quedgly, Glos to collection.

Its great to find the forum up and running and look forward to learning about the Tiguan. In fact this is our first VW.

Thanks

Moray

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome Moray. You will find some very helpful people on the forum and some useful information. The main one with the R-Line seems to be lack of DCC (Adaptive Chassis Control) but you seem very pleased with ride. Enjoy.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Moray welcome to the forum.
Funny enough both myself and my wife test drove a 150 R-Line last weekend through the Cotswolds, namely bourton on the water, morten in the marsh, stow and broadway to name a few, and yes I have been one of the few people who have criticised the ride comfort on the R-Line believing it would benefit from the DCC option. However we have accepted the trade off of comfort over visual looks and placed our order today for a 190ps R-Line. Now waiting patiently for a 2017 delivery.

Did you spec any factory options or did you take a standard car?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome

I do find the ride on the R-Line good. we took a bit of a punt too as our test drive was in a SE . As I said we cut across country for a few miles and its a real country road although the A road we leave is not great either and its good. no bump steer, doesn't tramline. Compared to the Jeep as smooth as we also have a Z3 on sports suspension and its a lot better than that, a 98 Honda Civic Type R and its miles comfier than that. We have also owned a Honda CRV for trips to the dump during a house renovation over the last few years it was an £800 ebay special so won't compare that. I have done this journey 4 times a day for years now in many more cars than I have mentioned and honestly haven't driven a better one.

One thing thats surprised me is how little body roll there is for the R-Line, the jeep was like steering a boat and it was not as comfortable.

Extras we went for were, tyre pressures and rear camera and I think thats all.

All the best

Moray

1 - 4 of 4 Posts