Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I finally ordered my Tiguan on Halloween after waiting and test driving the new Seat Ateca which was on my shortlist but this just didn't match the interior cabin quality of the Tiguan.
I'm coming from a Skoda Yeti 4x4 (170) manual, which to be honest hasn't let me down apart from a squeaky sunroof which was finally resolved, it's just that it was on the small side.
I've opted for the outdoor pack too as I prefer the more 'utilitarian' appearance but wonder how this will look with the new 'fake' twin exhaust?
This will be my first automatic, so hope it won't take too long getting used to it.
I was worried that given the long delivery periods that it may arrive in April 2017 and be subject to the new VED tax but don't think I have to worry now with a build date in December, though the VW dealer still says to expect it in March for some reason!
I have found this forum very useful and informative with some great threads and look forward to sharing my pics whenever she finally arrives.

·
Registered
88 Posts
welcome - i too am waiting for an Indium Grey SEL 240.... build week 5/12

i wasn't sure we'd get the 'fake twin exhaust' i've seen on the R 240 online... or have you heard differently?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome, I've only seen this on the the R-Line too, however both the Oct and Nov price lists have this shown as standard for the SEL 240 versions. I was wondering how this would look with the outdoor pack as I thought this had a different rear bumper but i'm not sure!
As we both have the same build dates, who will be first to get their car?

One thing I forgot to mention in my first post was the lack of spare wheel, i did ask the dealer if this could be changed but he said no after checking with VW technical. Unsure if this could be retrofitted as I've opted for the Dynaudio system and looking at the You Tube review, it shows the sub-woofer fitted where the spare wheel would go!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks mate - I just downloaded the Nov price list and you're dead right. I also see that we get DCC thrown in as well.... I didn't realise that when I ordered!

I'm hoping I'll have mine sometime in Feb - fingers crossed!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome, looks like mine will have a couple of friends on the production line!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Pasquale
I have had my Tungsten silver 150 SEL DSG 4WD Tig since the end of June and its a dream to drive on a long journey.We have an apartment at Ladybower in the High Peak and travel up from Bedfordshire, after a couple of winters there realised that the Golf MK7 GTD had to go. We looked at all sorts of 4 wheel drive cars and almost purchased a Discovery sport but happened to be driving past a VW dealer in Bedfordshire who had just taken delivery of 3 different models of the new Tiguan and tried all three and went for SEL as i found that the most comfortable-so hence never went back to the Land Rover garage as the Discovery was no match!
Enjoy your Tiguan you will not be disappointed-can't wait to try mine on the snow!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Tiger2,
Thanks for the message and it's reassuring to know that you've had no issues and find it really comfortable. Ladybower is certainly a nice part of the world which does get the snow in winter. The Yeti with winter tyres have been great in the snow and i'm hoping for a similar or improved performance with the Tiguan, maybe too with standard tyres as someone on this forum has already stated.
I'm really looking forward to it but unsure when I'll get mine, looks like it's a 3 horse race now with Dr Miles and Gareth 78 sharing the same build date!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I suspect Christmas will slow things up! I'm thinking mid-Feb?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I think so too. If it is mid Feb, I would rather wait an extra 2 weeks and have the dealer register it in March for the new 17 reg.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm still being (overly) optimist and hoping for a Pre-Christmas delivery :)

Build 5-7
Shipping to U.K. 8-13
Delivery to dealer 13-19
3 days to get it ready for me
Pick up on 22nd :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts