Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon All

This has been journey to arrive here!! Problem, trying to replace an Audi A6 Allroad 3.0tdi. i was looking for a smaller car, the big'un (as referred to our house), is just unwieldy in carparks, parking spaces and some town situations, lovely comfortable car on air suspension and v.powerful ++ (272bhp /580nm). Its been super reliable, 61,000mls in 2years. The other problem, you sit low in the car, and the legs out sitting position along with offset pedals and and cramped right foot space. But otherwise great car and not easy to replace - New Q5 not ava, don't really like BMW X cars, hmmmm!

The final solution????: VW Tiguan R-Line 2,0tdi 240ps in Indium Grey

Its been a struggle locating a car with a short delivery time - found a dealer who had car destined for demo fleet, and swiped that for delivery in March (happy days). Given these are fairly pricey (ouch the premium for the 240ps!), this model just has metallic paint in Indium Grey - but the rest of the spec looks decent anyway.

Cant wait for delivery - next few weeks will be frustrating no doubt :) The car hasn't arrived at the dealer yet - but due very soon now (they had planned to register for demon in March). In the meantime, i'll lurk on the forum - seem like a decent bunch (not the moaning forum place you see elsewhere - have you looked at the equivalent Landrover Discovery Sport forum!!! - oh dear!!

.....now to plan the detailing required on arrival (and how to keep them 20" alloys looking sparkling!!)

Cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm advised the car is now in the UK, so they reckon 7-10days to get it from port to the dealer. and then tbc on delivery from there

at least we know it'll be factory fresh!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update from lease company, delivery from Dealer due w/c 20th March - thinking i might try a ceramic protection coating for this car, 30,000mls year takes it toll if not well protected, on the Audi i've used a sealant product overlaid with a carnauba wax (generally needs a re-applicaton every 6mths).

Has any only fitted a clear film protection to the rear bumper? also like the sill protectors too

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmmm

Car has arrived at dealer PDI centre, but damage to paint work on rear bumper - or actually what looks like a paint defect from the factory.

At least the dealer has been upfront about, reported and sent photos before registering the car (which i think is fair enough) and offered options, re-paint rear bumper or decline car. I have asked for a list of cars with dealer stock access before deciding.

I wondered how many others had had paint defects on cars from factory?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
After so long waiting....feel for you '******' :( :( ...beggars belief that this got through quality control at the factory, especially if it is a paint defect :shock: ..... suffice to say 'Negativepitch' after rejecting his first car due to 'technical' issues, re-ordered went through all the process ordering again and wait.....then was delivered with a scratch on the rear bumper, so has had enough, and not bothering now. Hope VW can do something urgent for you asap :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi ******
Appreciate your disappointment, I know how I would feel. But if this had been picked up at the factory it would have been rectified and you would have been none the wiser.
Perhaps the dealer can resolve the issue then you inspect the car prior to proceeding? Providing all warranties remain intact!
I know this goes 'against the grain', especially with the values involved, but I guess this model will have limited availability and how long will you keep it?
Just my thoughts.
On another point your earlier post asked if any had fitted clear film bumper protector, photos attached. also try searching for door sill protectors under forums, pictures also available.
Cheers
Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Wow....that looks smart 'Roy'

'******' ref Roy's good comment / feed back......if you go down the route of repair for you.....perhaps they as a way of compensation fit those clear bumper protectors Roy has.....no harm in asking ;) ;) :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
If it was my car I'd do as .... Matchbox suggests and get them to replace the rear bumper. That would give you peace of mind. I don't think I'd be happy with a respray.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Re-spray not an option in my view, replacement bumper best option and if you want compensation rear bumper protection good choice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks chaps - appreciate the comments and views. dealer should call with options tomorrow - i ain't chasing them, thats for sure. I made it clear i wouldn't accept a repair (i.e. partial job). tbh, the only sensible way forward is to strip the bumper off the car and do some sort of total prep and spray of the whole panel. don't want them doing it on the car - we'll have overspray all over the damn car. good call on the foc fitting of the bumper protection after (like that idea - ta).
i'm gonna see what else they have on the ground unsold or on-order not delivered 1st. £40k is a lot of money for a car which is new - but already not factory fresh!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update from the dealer. really nothing to offer from stock - 150bhp S model. So we are gonna take a risk here, i have insisted the rear bumper is removed from the car, and the total bumper prepared and re-painted as a total panel. I was very clear - i didn't want the panel blowing in and still on the car.
Have agreed to fit the film protector foc

To be fair to the dealer, showing the damage and being upfront before the car was registered i think is honest and good. They have an in house VAG approved body shop, where the work will be done - so at least the quality control is in their own gift. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Fingers Crossed +1

·
Registered
433 Posts
****** said:
Update from the dealer. really nothing to offer from stock - 150bhp S model. So we are gonna take a risk here, i have insisted the rear bumper is removed from the car, and the total bumper prepared and re-painted as a total panel. I was very clear - i didn't want the panel blowing in and still on the car.
Have agreed to fit the film protector foc

To be fair to the dealer, showing the damage and being upfront before the car was registered i think is honest and good. They have an in house VAG approved body shop, where the work will be done - so at least the quality control is in their own gift. Fingers crossed.
Sounds reasonable ****** seeing as they they have an approved body shop, should know what they are doing and sounds like your dealer is decent. Hope all works out for you, keep us informed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tiguan is being delivered to my address on Monday. Hoping for some decent weather, so i can examine the paintwork in good day light. Fingers crossed!! Got Monday off - so, if they deliver in the morning and all is ok, it'll have a coat of sealant applied and then some illusion wax applied me thinks!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Special delivery tomorrow :)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
****** said:
Special delivery tomorrow :)
Hope everything goes well ****** :) :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
I hope all is as you would wish for today, hopefully you're driving around in your nice new Tiggy with a broad smile on your face :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
****** said:
Hmmmm

Car has arrived at dealer PDI centre, but damage to paint work on rear bumper - or actually what looks like a paint defect from the factory.

At least the dealer has been upfront about, reported and sent photos before registering the car (which i think is fair enough) and offered options, re-paint rear bumper or decline car. I have asked for a list of cars with dealer stock access before deciding.

I wondered how many others had had paint defects on cars from factory?
After a six month wait, my car has arrived with paint damage near to front bumper. I'm not impressed. It has been sent for repair and respray.

Due to heavy work commitments I can't even get in and assess damage. They said it will be back on Friday for collection but I don't have any free time at all to collect it until at least 8th July and that is difficult.

What should I expect with respray?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts