Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, my name is Phil and I live in Bahrain, I've just recently bought a second hand 2017 petrol R line Tiguan and so far I'm pretty impressed with the car. I previously had a 2019 Dodge Charger 5.7 V8 which was awesome but it was unfortunately written off when I was rear ended in an accident. Buying cars in Bahrain isn't the easiest experience and with the pandemic slowing all imports onto the island the cost of used cars has skyrocketed. I luckily found the Tiguan and bought it straightaway and I'm glad that I did. Initially I was worried about the lack of sheer grunt that the Charger had but the Tiguan sure makes up with it on cornering and handling.
I've had two issues with it so far, the first was the HUD has stopped popping up (the door is now permanently open) and the air con wasn't fully cooling, which is an essential here with the temps just starting to hit the mid 40's most days and the humidity will soon be at the 70 - 90% range, so not pleasant in the car!
I've had the air con fixed so no issues there but want to know if anyone else has had the HUD crap out?
Second issue is that original VW spares here are horrifically expensive (air filters, cabin filters etc.), so was going to buy them in the UK, ship them out but does anyone know whether there's a website I can look at that will definitely verify the correct part numbers, so I get the right parts? If anyone can advise on a good supplier as well then that would be great.
Also is turbo lag a known issue? Maybe it's just me not used to the car yet but it seems excessive when I put my foot down in "normal" mode, not so bad in "sport" mode though.
Phil.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Was going to suggest TPS (part of VW UK) but they are trade only however I have dealt with a main dealer in Bournemouth who has supplied parts by mail order in past Breeze Motor Group | Volkswagen and Suzuki Dealer in Poole, Portsmouth, and Southampton looking at their website I see that they also run the local TPS operation as well. May be able to help with export mailing but not sure if they will be able to identify your vehicle if not UK spec. Maybe chassis number will suffice, but worth asking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was going to suggest TPS (part of VW UK) but they are trade only however I have dealt with a main dealer in Bournemouth who has supplied parts by mail order in past Breeze Motor Group | Volkswagen and Suzuki Dealer in Poole, Portsmouth, and Southampton looking at their website I see that they also run the local TPS operation as well. May be able to help with export mailing but not sure if they will be able to identify your vehicle if not UK spec. Maybe chassis number will suffice, but worth asking.
Thanks Andy, much appreciated. I generally send stuff to Aramex who ship to Bahrain, just a bit more concerned about identifying the correct parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts