Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, great model specific forum, looking forward to owning a 1.4 SE Nav manual in Indium Grey. Which apparently is on its way! We've owned a 63plate Mk1 TDI match from new, great car! The emissions problem accompanied by city emmision limits probably changing and less miles being driven has pushed us towards the TSi version. I was impressed with the test drive a TDi, a much more refined and quieter drive, cannot wait!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome. Exactly the same reason why I took the 1.4 TSI as all the streets around town are changing to 20 MPG!
When I got a test drive I drove a TDI so I am hoping to find the TSI a little quieter too.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Welcome, ditto here went back to petrol due to miles being reduced to around 10,000 a year and cost. At the moment happy as a pig in muck. :D

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
FTT said:
Welcome, ditto here went back to petrol due to miles being reduced to around 10,000 a year and cost. At the moment happy as a pig in muck. :D
Organism Water Fawn Terrestrial animal Grass

Thought I saw you the other day FTT... :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts
Stumpy was in leyland doing a fill up prior to coming up north for a week, so could of been? :D like the piglet :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Guys, I couldn't bring myself to going for a petrol.

My audi a5 was 44mpg on paper combined petrol... it was an absolute killer on fuel. I used to just watch it drop as I was driving lol.

Apparently, the 2 litre petrol in the Tiggy is 38mpg? How do you manage? 44 was bad enough! The petrol 2 litre is fairly expensive to buy too so you can't be saving that much?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am completely aware on paper means nothing but in comparison the tiggy petrol is a lot worse than a5. I got 25mpg around town.

At mo im getting 40 in the diesel tiggy. Mixed driving and not thinking about it like i was with a5.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi, I still have my Mk1 Tig 2ltr 140 4wd, at the moment it's averaging 43mpg, good for this time of the year, ever since the emmisions update the read out has been generous, the previous two years it averaged 42mpg decreasing to 40mpg in the winter months. Driving less miles nowadays, EGR/DPF failures are costly and no doubt not too far away from happening with less ground being covered. A 2ltr Tsi in a Tiggy in my opinion is a gas guzzler, an engaging drive no doubt but costly, I'm hoping for a little more mpg from my forth coming 1.4, watch this space!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have you tried the 1.4 150? I am trying to but can't find a VW dealer anywhere that has one to test drive. My concern is that when 4 up with bags it might be too low powered to get up hills when on holiday in the Alps. What do you think?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Tried a 1.4 manual petrol Ateca - was definitely not for me, and that was running light! Just me and no luggagez but the route was a lot of hilly A roads.
Perhaps an auto might fare better?
...and Seat offer a 1.0! :shock:

My brother has recently got rid of a 1.6 Quashcai, because of lack of power when loaded with family etc. Sometimes having to change down to 4th on the Mway.

Perhaps you shoukd try to get a good test drive with your 1.4 loaded in worst case scenario?

There are a few 1.4s on here, they will be along in a mo....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Philwych, I haven't tried the 1.4tsi 150, it will be fine for our needs, I'm expecting to change down a gear in some situations the 2.0 TDi would not need to, coincidentally my son has just purchased a Q3 auto in France with the same engine, he's over the moon with it. Picking my Tiggy up tomorrow, I'll let you know in due course.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts