Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's all the same car more or less.

I've been having a sneak at your board and any other VW related board. I wanted to tell you the progress that we have been making with the OBDEleven dongle that you can do VCDS stuff on. Some of that will carry straight over from the Ateca so I'll post that up on your technical thread more details and you can find the link here on the sister board board although I did manage to misspell the thread - oops. I have provided screen shots. I suspect the New Tiguan's OBDEleven interface is identical, so basically we are on our own since there are few OBDEleven apps that make certain things easy but micro payments are involved, if you buy the "Pro" version you can do all of it yourself without any payment except the cost of the dongle. The OBDEleven dongle costs about £50, I got the pro version with the ring pull since it saves grovelling around. Now I pop the device in under the dash on feel. Published VCDS stuff works where the systems are the same e.g. Golf Mk7 but where there are variations like the lights they don't.

http://www.atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=516

I see some of you have been having problems with your stops starts in the DSG. I can't stand it so I've turned it off with the OBDEleven - it's goodbye to SS now for me. I was amused about your 1MPH running stops and the manual that says it does it on your thread. The Ateca manual doesn't say that but it does the same.

I'll list off what has been achieved in the last month with this device on your technical thread. I'm sure you would get exactly the same results. I think on the lights which haven't been mastered yet there will be deviation between the Ateca and the New Tiguan.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hello Tell, and welcome.

I too do the same but I'm looking at the Ateca forum..! I did look at an Ateca before I ordered the tiguan, but there were no real deals / offers available, so I ended up looking at Tiguans.

I see you've posted a lot on the Ateca forum about the OBDEleven, look forward to reading more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Discounts were in short supply with the Ateca in the summer and with Brexit decided I'd stop sitting in the fence since prices would only go up. I was going to wait till I could test drive the Ateca and Tiguan but then my dealer caved in, in June and offered £1,000 off so took that.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I also looked and test drove the ateca after reading the motoring press creaming themselves over it , plus the seat dealership saying they were in short demand so decent discounts were not available , but personally and in my humble opinion I find there is no comparison with the R line Tiguan especially with the discounts of over 16% which can be obtained it was a no brainier for me , I am totally impressed and happy with my purchase , the R line Tiguan is truly a quality impressive car

·
Registered
96 Posts
I liked the look of the Ateca in the press releases and on the internet prior to launch. I went and looked at one on launch week and was unimpressed with the finish and quite a few other things. The dealerships are very Kia style and I couldn't imagine getting good reliable service from our local one. VW seem far more superior in my opinion and I don't get all the press hype about the Ateca car of the year......really.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Funny, had the same experience...hadn't even considered the tiguan last year - was a toss up between the tucson and the soon to be arriving ateca - then as luck would have it happened to pass a VW garage and months before the showroom car was available - I happened to go in the day the dealers were being shown it - loved it at first sight....but still had the ateca in mind because it was cheaper...then happened to be in Spain and saw one there over the summer and was just disappointed ...just doesn't look as good in the flesh in my humble opinion and certainly not compared to look of r line.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think Seat gets let down by it's dealer network and yes I did have a few build problems like the wireless charger was left off and it was built as a European Ateca since someone hadn't checked the build spec and Seat Atecas with the "Plus" your Discover Pro version should come with the wireless charger. The passenger footwell light was omitted. The heated drivers mirror was left disconnected and the virtual pedal didn't work since it was built in the three weeks period that the virtual pedal boxes had a design fault. But who is counting....

There is a lack of cubby holes in it compared to the R-Line but then for me the R-Line was a bit staid. Afraid I like the Ateca design flare but would have liked the VW core build quality :). The VW sales guy I spoke to was very knowledgeable so I was very close to ordering an R-Line not in leather since that's another thing I don't like, not veggie friendly. Made my bed must lay in it :). Happy with what I've got now the bugs are ironed out. Basically they created space in the back by taking away space in the front. I'd be happy to have six more inches in the front and loose the adult space in the back. Use to have an Altea the sister to the Golf Plus and I could stretch my legs out as a passenger, in the Ateca you can't do that. Saying all this it does give you a lively ride, talking 190 4Drive DSG.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I too test drove the Ateca and whilst it was fine, it seemed to lack the pressence of the Tiguan. Equipment levels were not as high as I had wanted and dealer offers were not much. The sales guy was very helpful but SEAT dealership itself was poor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts