Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Good question - also depends if you have the virtual cockpit... I personally thought it would be useful - I liked it when on the test drive - it is not as good quality as say Mercedes who project onto the windscreen - but I still thought it was clear and useful.

So have gone for I myself, but don't have car yet to let you know if that was a good choice.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
I quite like the HUD, and was quite lucky when I ordered. I originally wanted cloth seats in the Storm Grey which appeared in the web configurator, but not on the dealers one, but he added it anyway. When he eventually told me I couldn't have it, but could if I ordered the Vienna Leather, I complained strongly, but went ahead with leather.
To cut a long story short, they offered the HUD at their expense as compensation. I'm glad I''ve got it. I tend to use the Adaptive Cruise quite a lot, and to have that info as well as my speed, and the current speed limit in direct view, I find very useful.
Having said that, is it worth nearly £500.........well! I didn't pay for it, so it's ultimately down to you to decide ;)

Oh! and by the way, I'm really glad I ordered the leather :D

Steve

·
Registered
68 Posts
As first poster says, it doesn't project onto the windscreen but I'm glad I have it now. Thing is, you can have the adaptive dash in so many configurations that you easily lose sight of the speed but not with the HUD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.