Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner

Hello

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Pestos 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I am hoping to order a new Tiguan this week, I can't decide on hud as option. Is it worth it, or just a gimmick ?

#2 ·
Good question - also depends if you have the virtual cockpit... I personally thought it would be useful - I liked it when on the test drive - it is not as good quality as say Mercedes who project onto the windscreen - but I still thought it was clear and useful.

So have gone for I myself, but don't have car yet to let you know if that was a good choice.

#3 ·
I quite like the HUD, and was quite lucky when I ordered. I originally wanted cloth seats in the Storm Grey which appeared in the web configurator, but not on the dealers one, but he added it anyway. When he eventually told me I couldn't have it, but could if I ordered the Vienna Leather, I complained strongly, but went ahead with leather.
To cut a long story short, they offered the HUD at their expense as compensation. I'm glad I''ve got it. I tend to use the Adaptive Cruise quite a lot, and to have that info as well as my speed, and the current speed limit in direct view, I find very useful.
Having said that, is it worth nearly £500.........well! I didn't pay for it, so it's ultimately down to you to decide ;)

Oh! and by the way, I'm really glad I ordered the leather :D

Steve

#4 ·
As first poster says, it doesn't project onto the windscreen but I'm glad I have it now. Thing is, you can have the adaptive dash in so many configurations that you easily lose sight of the speed but not with the HUD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.