Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've bought a 1.4 petrol Tiguan with a executive package and I'm really looking forward to getting it. The dealer told me that I have a couple of weeks to decide if I want to add other options.

I'm currently thinking about adding one (or maybe two...) of the following :

DynAudio system (have to add the ambient light package as well for this so a total 10 000 sek (around 825 UK pounds) - How much better is this system than the standard one? Are the ambient lights worth 250 pounds?

Towbar package with back camera, towbars are very popular here in Sweden, good for resale value

Sunroof panorama - I've always wanted a car with a sunroof. How is the comfort affected by this? Does it get louder inside the car?

All help I can get is greatly appreciated. All pros/cons of the options are very welcomed :)

Thanks !!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hello

I have the sunroof and it's had lots of use in recent nice weather.
I've been surprised how useable it is When fully open you obviiously get some traffic noise buts it's perfectly acceptable and buffeting is only really noticeable when it's windy. And you can roll the blind back and brighten the interior on a dull day. When closed the car is quiet. People have had issues with rattles but I only notice them when the weather is cold or the road is rough. So I thinks it's worth having .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tig16 said:
Hello

I have the sunroof and it's had lots of use in recent nice weather.
I've been surprised how useable it is When fully open you obviiously get some traffic noise buts it's perfectly acceptable and buffeting is only really noticeable when it's windy. And you can roll the blind back and brighten the interior on a dull day. When closed the car is quiet. People have had issues with rattles but I only notice them when the weather is cold or the road is rough. So I thinks it's worth having .
Thanks :) Appreciate your help. I live in Sweden so we don't get much sun here.. But it would still be nice to get some daylight in through the roof during our long winters.

·
Registered
953 Posts
The ambient lighting is nice but after a few months you won't even notice it's there, o and part of its round the sunroof!
Dynaudio is great
ACC is good
Lane assist good
Park assist used it 1 in 6 months
Electric back hatch good when it works
Carnet a waist of time
Finally get the best headlights that are available and enjoy when it arrives

·
Registered
72 Posts
Do you think the discover pro is worth it ?

It looks like the MY18 one is better, but my car will have the MY17 one as it's being built next week

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have the dynaudio and the pro and it seems very good but bent ask what all the differences are

·
Registered
953 Posts
azcii said:
Why is ambient light required to pick DynAudio?
When was the last time you went to a disco :p
Not linked in any way

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So.. maybe a bug/glitch in the vw system? Right now when I'm building the car , it's required

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi Azcii, I would have no hesitation in recommending all your options. But if I had to choose 2 then definitely the panoramic sunroof as you say let's loads of light into car and the Dyaudio if you like you music as it is amazing. The towbar with rear camera is excellent, you can see exactly when you are over the tow hitch. The ambient lighting is a nice option and looks very smart at night as you can adjust the level.

Happy choosing.

·
Registered
176 Posts
R line obviously has loads of kit but my favourite is the panoramic roof in the winter and heated seats in the winter. Standard speakers sound no worse than the bang and oluphson in the wife's audi so wouldn't pay for that.

If I was ordering again I should have added electric boot. Wouldn't have it with the keyless option though as I never have anywhere apart from the floor to put the keys

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Timbo said:
Hi Azcii, I would have no hesitation in recommending all your options. But if I had to choose 2 then definitely the panoramic sunroof as you say let's loads of light into car and the Dyaudio if you like you music as it is amazing. The towbar with rear camera is excellent, you can see exactly when you are over the tow hitch. The ambient lighting is a nice option and looks very smart at night as you can adjust the level.

Happy choosing.
Thanks for your help! I gotta think this through ...

The sunroof is nice to have but it's just so expensive ... But at the same time it gives the car such a luxurious feeling.

Apperantly the DynAudio speakers are amazing, I watched the BiTurbo review on YouTube and he's really impressed by them. I just don't feel like paying 2700 SEK for the ambient light..

I'll probably skip the Towbar as it's the least "fun" option.

Now the question is which one I should go with if I only go for one of them..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Winrya said:
R line obviously has loads of kit but my favourite is the panoramic roof in the winter and heated seats in the winter. Standard speakers sound no worse than the bang and oluphson in the wife's audi so wouldn't pay for that.

If I was ordering again I should have added electric boot. Wouldn't have it with the keyless option though as I never have anywhere apart from the floor to put the keys
I assume you mean the panoramic roof during summer ? :) Decisions decisions...

Electric boot is already included in my car as I have the executive package.

·
Registered
176 Posts
azcii said:
Winrya said:

lol it's been a long day. But yes, it's wonderful on these sunny days

·
Registered
182 Posts
Winrya said:
azcii said:
Winrya said:

And.... in the winter you get more light in the car that makes you feel better...And if you get the roof you've still got a good sound system as standard..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tig16 said:
Winrya said:
azcii said:

And.... in the winter you get more light in the car that makes you feel better...And if you get the roof you've still got a good sound system as standard..
Good point.... Or I'll just go with both of them :p I'm gonna think about it for a couple of days

·
Registered
433 Posts
azcii said:
Timbo said:

Happy choosing.
Thanks for your help! I gotta think this through ...

The sunroof is nice to have but it's just so expensive ... But at the same time it gives the car such a luxurious feeling.

Apperantly the DynAudio speakers are amazing, I watched the BiTurbo review on YouTube and he's really impressed by them. I just don't feel like paying 2700 SEK for the ambient light..

I'll probably skip the Towbar as it's the least "fun" option.

Now the question is which one I should go with if I only go for one of them..
Tough one, the panoramic sunroof offers both increased light and the advantage of fresh air in the summer with very little tubulance. The Dynaudio is fantastic but unless you are an audio buff the standard system seems to get good reviews. For me the panoramic sunroof does add a touch of class and if I had to choose it would get my vote.

·
Registered
328 Posts
A personal choice. The sunroof, rather than Dynaudio, gets my vote. The standard infotainment system is pretty decent IMHO, but then I'm not an out and out audiophile.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts