Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

This morning I received my LED replacement bulbs for the DRL/Side Light!

Being all excited I went and began replacing...... however on putting the holder back in position the light began to flash due to an error. On removing the holder again the bulb fell out and is now within the lens and I'm running on the originals again.

Does anybody know how I can get this out? I fear it is going to be a removal of the whole unit is this right? If so how do I do it? :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
Hi Chris,
Sorry to hear about your troubles.
DRL LEDs have to be CAN Bus compatible otherwise they would flash like yours. Which ones have you bought? A link would help.

If the LED bulb fell out you probably didn't push it hard enough into the socket. They tend to sit quite tight in there.
I can't think of any method to get the bulb out of the DRL lamp assembly, sorry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SlimPollack said:
Hi Chris,
Sorry to hear about your troubles.
DRL LEDs have to be CAN Bus compatible otherwise they would flash like yours. Which ones have you bought? A link would help.

If the LED bulb fell out you probably didn't push it hard enough into the socket. They tend to sit quite tight in there.
I can't think of any method to get the bulb out of the DRL lamp assembly, sorry.
I purchased the ones you recommended Slim. I'm going to have a play by taking the arch out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
The Gripper mentioned in the previous reply will work BUT make sure you cover the metal body with tape otherwise it will scratch the chrome plastic inside the headlight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
610 Posts
bubble gum on end of a dowling stick me thinks not sure of the space you need????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
ChrisLeggett said:
Evening all,

This morning I received my LED replacement bulbs for the DRL/Side Light!

Being all excited I went and began replacing...... however on putting the holder back in position the light began to flash due to an error. On removing the holder again the bulb fell out and is now within the lens and I'm running on the originals again.

Does anybody know how I can get this out? I fear it is going to be a removal of the whole unit is this right? If so how do I do it? :(
Hi did you have any luck retrieving the bulb from withing the lens ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rockman2 said:
ChrisLeggett said:
Evening all,

This morning I received my LED replacement bulbs for the DRL/Side Light!

Being all excited I went and began replacing...... however on putting the holder back in position the light began to flash due to an error. On removing the holder again the bulb fell out and is now within the lens and I'm running on the originals again.

Does anybody know how I can get this out? I fear it is going to be a removal of the whole unit is this right? If so how do I do it? :(
Hi did you have any luck retrieving the bulb from withing the lens ?
I did yes and a replacement bulb was received as it was a faulty bulb hence the flashing.

Now I have full working bulbs and a pure white look.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top