Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member Grey Eddy here - from deepest darkest "West Country".

Ordered my new Tiguan last week from a well known leasing Co.
My first lease, and my first SUV!
Have had pool use of various "proper" 4x4 (Land Rovers), and Hilux etc. None of them would suit me at the moment, due to my odd mix of difficult accesses/narrow lanes and very long motorway runs.
Took what I could get, rather than my ideal car, as currently that gives me a 3 week delivery, rather than "11/12 weeks" wait for a car built for me.
Pretty close spec tho, I can live with it - I hope?
3 year lease.

Now in search of roof bars, interior protection and probably a tow bar too (light trailers and small boats).
I am particularly unwilling to pay VW's high accessories prices for a car that will only be mine for 3 years. I have in the past wasted a lot of money on VW tow bars, roof bars etc. come to think of it I already have at least 3 different VW "roofbar systems" in my shed - none of which will fit this car!
The Westfalia tow bar currently fitted to my Golf GTi is more than adequate, and about 1/3 the price of VW offering.

So - My firstTiguan:
Solid white, 150HP Diesel BMT, DSG 4 Motion, SE Nav.
+ heated seats and keyless entry with electric tailgate.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Great part of the world Eddy. Expect we'll be down there in our Tig sometime this year. We used to hit the north coast when our kids were younger, but it'll just be me, the Mrs and the dog so we may try the south, which is where I spent most of my childhood holidays.

Good luck with the car, and not too long to wait either.

Kevin

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome to the forum grey eddy
I think you've done well to find that car for quick delivery. It has all the main features you will find useful.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi eddy, though live in Holland am from the west Country myself...but thought deepest darkest west Country was a village just outside of taunton :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts