Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Hoping to pick up my new Tiguan on Thursday, just in time to tow my caravan to Folkestone. If the dealer can fit towbar in time. If not will pick it up after easter!!!!!

It's a Pearl Black Tiguan SE Nav 2.0 litre TDI 190ps 5 door DSG BlueMotion Technologies 4wd With HUD, Rear camera with park assist.

Pics will follow

Vipercop

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Forum Vipercop. Are they fitting a retractable towball or will it be fixed :?: :?: :?: Look forward to some pics :) :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Stumpy. They are fitting the retractable towball but won't be done in time for Easter. So will pick it up next Tuesday. Can't wait😃😃😃

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hi Vipercop, good info on here, and lots of guys with good knowledge enjoy the car :D

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi Vipercop, don't want to rain on your parade but need to make you aware that VW recommend running in for 1500 miles before you tow. It's open to debate whether it would void you warranty should anything happen as they don't make it apparent but worth bearing in mind.

I'm desperately trying to get some miles on mine before we go away with the van at the end of this month. I know any excuse to drive it when I can get it of the misses :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
328 Posts
HI Vipercop, welcome

Re. running in period.
I was under the impression that given modern materials and manufacturing techniques running in isn't quite what it was in days of old. However, I note that VW do stipulate a running in period in the manual. It's 1500km though, so approximately 930 miles.

Tiguan Owners Manual said:
Running in the engine
First read and observe the introductory information and safety warnings⇒Introduction 

Any new engine has to be run in during the first 1,500 kilometres. All moving parts have to adapt themselves to each other. The engine is subject to higher internal friction during the first hours of operation than later on.

• Do not depress the accelerator fully.
  • Do not drive the vehicle at more than 2/3 of the top engine speed.
  • Do not drive with a trailer attached ⇒ Trailer towing .
  • Increase the driving speed and engine speed gradually.

The style of driving during the first 1,500 kilometres will also affect the engine quality. Even after this time - and especially with a cold engine - drive the vehicle at moderate speeds in order to reduce engine wear and to increase the mileage that the engine can cover.

Do not drive at engine speeds that are too low. Always shift down gear if the engine is not running smoothly.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Good spot Chas 930 miles is more achievable than 1500 miles :D :D

·
Registered
485 Posts
Would've been good if they could have built a few warnings into the electronics to monitor your driving and let you know when you "stray".

·
Registered
433 Posts
Breezer said:
Would've been good if they could have built a few warnings into the electronics to monitor your driving and let you know when you "stray".
I've got mine own personal driving monitor called a wife :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Timbo said:
Breezer said:
I've got a satnag in the left seat also

·
Registered
433 Posts
Miket said:
Timbo said:
Breezer said:
I've got a satnag in the left seat also
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Guys

Thanks for all the info. Not going on any long towing journeys till august. So should be able to get the 900 miles on the clock.

Went to pick it up today and they were still fitting the towbar. As a part was missing. So was given a Polo for today. Hope to pick it up tomorrow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts