Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

New to this forum but have been following it for a while trying to learn as much about the car as I can. I have a Pure White 162KW (220PS) TSI R-Line with DYNADUIO on order. Just heard from my dealer that it is due here in New Zealand on the 29th of December so really looking forward to getting it. Am coming from a Mk6 Golf R so will be a bit of a change but hoping with the 162TSI GTI engine then I wont notice too much difference in performance. All the added tech and safety features will make up for it anyway. Do you guys get the 162KW - 220PS TSI engine option over there? Also have many of you guys gone for the DYNAUDIO upgrade option? Am curious to hear what people think of this that have it. I went for it as I love my music and after upgrading the speakers in my current Golf R I didn't want to have to go down the aftermarket upgrade route again.

Anyway, looking forward to finally getting the car and enjoying it on the road.

Cheers,
Aaron.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts

Hi & welcome NZ_TigR This may be of interest to you if you have not already seen this on youtube. Even though it is the Bi Turbo 240 Tdi R-line Thomas on here mentions the DYNAUDIO upgrade early on & on the test drive have a bit of conservation with the passenger about how good they think the sound is. Good report on the Tig and when it comes to the electric power assist boot opening quite funny :lol: Nice Christmas pressie for you ;)

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Stumpy, I remember watching that video a while ago, and I too had a giggle about the foot operated/not operated boot. However, I've had my car now for around 6 weeks and I've been using it quite a lot. I can honestly say, in that 6 weeks it's only failed to work on one occasion, no word of a lie. :)
I was quite prepared to write it off as a gimmick, but I love it, especially if you have an armful of stuff to load up. And to have the boot lid close automatically as you walk away is a real godsend.

Steve

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
'Essjay' I tried to operate with my foot, but the salesman said it doesn't do it on mine...mine is the SEL got electric power tailgate but I haven't got keyless :?: :?: Could that be the reason or even having the electric Towball stowed away under there :?: :?: Perhaps I should give it another go :?: :arrow: :idea:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stumpy said:

Hi & welcome NZ_TigR This may be of interest to you if you have not already seen this on youtube. Even though it is the Bi Turbo 240 Tdi R-line Thomas on here mentions the DYNAUDIO upgrade early on & on the test drive have a bit of conservation with the passenger about how good they think the sound is. Good report on the Tig and when it comes to the electric power assist boot opening quite funny :lol: Nice Christmas pressie for you ;)
Hi Stumpy, thanks. Yes I have watched that review, the first one of his I had seen and found it really good and detailed, plus a bit funny as well :)
I have seen this one that also mentioned the DYNAUDIO:
Both had only good things to say about it but also keen to hear from anyone in the real world as well that is using it.

I see a lot of the reviews mention issues with the power assist boot opening functionality, the Tiguan I took on a test drive didn't have that option so I never got a chance to test it personally. I think it is a matter of just working out exactly where the sensor is as you obviously have to get it in the exactly the right spot to get it to work.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
NZ_TigR said:
stumpy said:

Hi Stumpy, thanks. Yes I have watched that review, the first one of his I had seen and found it really good and detailed, plus a bit funny as well :)
Both had only good things to say about it but also keen to hear from anyone in the real world as well that is using it.

I see a lot of the reviews mention issues with the power assist boot opening functionality, the Tiguan I took on a test drive didn't have that option so I never got a chance to test it personally. I think it is a matter of just working out exactly where the sensor is as you obviously have to get it in the exactly the right spot to get it to work.

Cheers.
:) :)

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
stumpy said:
'Essjay' I tried to operate with my foot, but the salesman said it doesn't do it on mine...mine is the SEL got electric power tailgate but I haven't got keyless :?: :?: Could that be the reason or even having the electric Towball stowed away under there :?: :?: Perhaps I should give it another go :?: :arrow: :idea:
I think you might be right about needing "keyless" for the foot operated release. Do you have two boot closing buttons or just one?

Steve

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
NZ_TigR said:
stumpy said:

Cheers.
:) I will give it another try mate :)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Essjay said:
stumpy said:
I think you might be right about needing "keyless" for the foot operated release. Do you have two boot closing buttons or just one?

Steve
Morning Steve..... a button on the bottom of the boot door to shut (1).......a switch on drivers (opens & shuts the boot).....and (1) button in middle of key fob to open boot & shut... If that makes sense :)

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Just had a look at the manual again, and it confirms that you need "keyless" to get the sensor operated boot release. With keyless you also get the extra button (see the manual extract), which allows you to walk away out of key range and the boot will close and lock automatically.

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
yes, Essjay is correct.

In our brochure in NL, there are two options, the first (build code 4E7) is electric tailgate
the second (build code PE1) is electric tailgate, sensor and keyless access

the difference in price is about 400€!!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Thanks 'Essjay' Steve..... I thought that was the case, never mind, but the good thing is......when her indoors comes back to the car with the shopping trolley and it's pouring down, I can just sit there pull the switch and she can load the shopping in without me getting wet ;) :)

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
stumpy said:
Thanks 'Essjay' Steve..... I thought that was the case, never mind, but the good thing is......when her indoors comes back to the car with the shopping trolley and it's pouring down, I can just sit there pull the switch and she can load the shopping in without me getting wet ;) :)
Ha!Ha!

Steve

·
Registered
339 Posts
NZ_TigR said:
Both had only good things to say about it but also keen to hear from anyone in the real world as well that is using it. Cheers.
Dynaudio in the Tiguan is a must if you are a music lover!...........The deep base and treble are excellent with no distortion.

I have Dynaudio in my Golf 7 GTD and it is far, far better in the Tiguan. If you have specced it on your car you will not be disappointed ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
G'day mate,

May I be cheeky and ask when you ordered your wagon?

I have the R-Line with DYNAUDIO on order also, but in Indium. Initial estimate was for delivery early in the new year - it's been on order for a few weeks now.

Still, looking forward to it!

Cheers
Pete

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
PMK157 said:
G'day mate,

May I be cheeky and ask when you ordered your wagon?

I have the R-Line with DYNAUDIO on order also, but in Indium. Initial estimate was for delivery early in the new year - it's been on order for a few weeks now.

Still, looking forward to it!

Cheers
Pete
Hi Pete,

Are you in NZ as well? If so good to see another Kiwi on here.

I ordered mine way back in July. Was originally told delivery the week of Christmas then was told possibly as late as February/March. Dealer emailed me last week to say they have now been five a delivery date at the docks of 29/12 which is promising but at this stage I am not taking anything for certain until it is on the boat on the way here.

Do you follow the Tiguan forum on vwwatercooled.com.au ? There are plenty of rumours floating around on there of delays to the 162TSI R Lines pushing them into delivery next year.

Unfortunately since it is a new model it is just a matter of waiting until they finally turn up. It has given me plenty of opportunity to read up a lot about them. Really keen to see what the DYNAUDIO sounds like too!!

Cheers,
Aaron.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Aaron,

Am indeed also in NZ. Am up where nobody admits they're from when south of the Bombays...

That sounds about right from what I recall for delivery. Unfortunately I delayed my order until August as I was sussing out some other job opportunities. I was duly warned during that time that I needed to get my order in so as not to miss delivery this year, but just couldn't do it until some other decisions were made. So with that, my initial ETA is now February, with a chance of January.

I'm thinking, that until I see it parked in the garage, I will not be certain, but all good!

I haven't checked out watercooled for a long time. I'll have to add it to some daily browsing.

I'm not sure there could be any more Youtube clips to watch, (or articles to read), as I'm keen to hear the 162 exhaust note and how it drives. It was a shame the model that toured here was fitted with a smaller engine. As for inside, definitely looking forward to the DYNAUDIO system. The local sales manager spoke highly of it, to the point he tries to make sure his vehicle always has it installed. Just make sure the input is up to it, e.g. CD, or highest quality of media storage, as you can just about hear an ant fart.

Coming from a current Tiguan TDI R- LIne, I'm looking forward to having some more kw's under the hood also.

Cheers
Pete

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Pete,

Guessing your from the Tron then? I am further North in the city that the rest of the Country loves to hate :D

Did you get a chance to have a look at the demo/mock R Line they bought in for the product launch? I got to see it a couple of times as the sale lady at Tristam European told me when it was coming in so called in to have a look and again at the proper launch party they held. It does look really good in the flesh!!

Unfortunately you wont find any videos / reviews of the 162TSI as there are no 162TSI Tiguan on the road anywhere yet, not even in Germany. Most of the R Line reviews I have read from Europe have been the Bi-Tubro TDI version or the lower power TSI/TDI engines. It still is up in the air as to what exhaust/rear bumper setup the 162TSI will get, whether it is the twin pipes like the 132TSI or the fake outlets in the bumper like the BiTDI version.

I am coming from a MK6 Golf R so it is going to be a slight downgrade in power but I really could do with more space since it is my work car and didn't really like the look of the new MK7 versions. I like that the Tiguan is 4Motion with the GTI engine and has stacks of technology in it as well.

Have a look at Watercooled, it does have some useful info on it but beware that the Aussies spend a lot of their time whinging about the price of the new Tiguan and some of the options they miss out on (the can't order the DYNAUDIO option which upsets many of them :lol: )

Cheers,
Aaron.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Aaron,

Haha, should have been clearer. Meant to say, I'm also from the place where no one admits they're from, when they travel south of the Bombays.

My first glimpse of the new wagon was by chance. One Sunday night, swung past Giltraps for a nosey of the Alltrack (Passat 206 and Alltrack were also possibilities). By chance, they were offloading the new Tiguan that had been used for filming the adverts. That was back in December last year. From that glimpse I was pretty keen. Then, like you, had a closer look when they sent the 'mock up' model around the dealerships at at the launch.

The clip of the possible Type R model gives hope that they won't be adverse to giving the 162 a bit of character. Seeing as it is the GTI engine on board.

I previously had an Octavia RS. Pretty good power and a great amount of space. I've been missing the space, missing the power, but loving the 4Motion as I love exploring gravel roads. Whilst space has grown a bit, the jump in extra power and tech on board in the NZ R-Line package, had me thinking it's a pretty sweet set up for the price. I'll just have to adjust to paying more at the pump, haha.

Bring on delivery - I'm sure we can provide Watercooled a great review of the DYNAUDIO system to let them know how good it is!

Cheers
Pete

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Pete,

Ah, got you now... sorry a bit slow.

I had a MK6 GTI before the Golf R and did enjoy it however was over the front wheel spin and always wanted the Golf R. The R is coming up to 4 years old now and ready for a change, didn't like the look of the MK7 plus could do with something bigger. After having the 4Motion I didn't want go back so was looking at the old Tiguan R Line but it was a step backwards from the R so wasn't keen. When I saw the new model I knew it was exactly what I was after and Tristram offered me a good price so was a no brainer.

I do like the look of the new Octavia RS, if only they did it in AWD version it would be great.

I'm all for letting the Watercooled guys exactly how great the DYNAUDIO system is!! Also hoping our ones come in a lot earlier than theirs.

Cheers,
Aaron.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts