Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Oz. Just picked up a 132TSI with the Luxury Package.

In the two days we have had the Tiguan, we have clocked up 500km and are are very impressed.

Over the last nearly 20 years, we have had 6 new Landies, but there will never be a 7th.

We had had enough of Land Rover unreliability and looked at so many other makes. We were actually in the final stages of settling on a Subaru Forester, when a VW mad mate of mine told us about the new Tiguan.

Went for one test drive and we were hooked.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Terrier, most people will probably buy diesel Tiguans, but after 20 years of diesels, I decided to go back to a petrol vehicle and see how it goes.

And so far it goes brilliantly.

If you want a job, they are always looking for fruit pickers. Come out on a work visa, and if you like it, just stay, everybody else does.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Long way to get there in a back of a lorry 'Terrier1964' :lol: hope you are well mate :)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hi Drivesafe, and welcome, where you at ? Take it you can fry an egg on the flags out there at the moment :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
463 Posts
FTT said:
Hi Drivesafe, and welcome, where you at ? Take it you can fry an egg on the flags out there at the moment :lol: :lol:
Hi Drivesafe,
We were £10 Poms in laye fifties and lived in Morwell outside of Melbourne. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FTT said:
Hi FTT and Yep.

I'm on the Gold Coast so its hot, very humid and lots of late afternoon storms.

This is typical for this time of year but this year we are experiencing above average number of hail storms.

Makes picking the right time for a drive interesting, to say the least.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Beagler said:
FTT said:
Hi Drivesafe,
We were £10 Poms in laye fifties and lived in Morwell outside of Melbourne.
Hi Beagler, and know your area well.

I'm a rail enthusiast and up until a few years ago, travelled through your neck of the woods when ever I had time to take the long way home.

I see your weather is also normal for this time of year.

39C two days in a row, then 14C the next.

As they say, you can never get bored with the weather in Vic, it's never the same for long.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.