Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just ordered a 2.0 SEL Diesel Auto in Caribbean Blue with sports suspension,head up display, heated front windscreen, wireless smartphone charger,
electric tailgate+keyless entry and start, 20inch Miramar alloys and the Emergency call with security services.
should pick the car up in a couple of weeks, at the moment "its still on the boat " my previous car was a Jaguar XE so a bit of a change of driving style
coming up.
Little concerned that the 20inch wheels and sports suspension might make the ride a bit firm so any comments on that gratefully received.
I very much enjoyed the Jaguar XE forum which I found extremely useful so looking forward to the contributions here !

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hi peterg and welcome very good forum here with lots of VW guys with lots of knowedge, I have the 20s on and do not find them hard at all, if you hit a really bad bit of road then yes you will feel it more that the 19s on normal mode but other wise there fine.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks FTT, do you have the sports suspension as well ?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey Peter.

Glad to see another fellow Worcester-lad :)

I have the 20's too, and find them just fine.
I'm curious about the Emergency Call option - is that a new feature, I didn't see it listed when i ordered back in January.

Cheers
Adam

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Adam, apparently in the event of an accident ( severity enough to activate an airbag ) it calls the appropriate organisation with your exact location and number of occupants. It was pre loaded as an extra along with the rest I listed when I ordered the car on Saturday. I'm guessing the car was destined as a demonstrator or maybe an order that was later cancelled but it means I'm only waiting a couple of weeks to pick up an unregistered new car. There are extras I would have liked and ones I didn't really want but better than waiting until. September

·
Registered
610 Posts
Yep came with sports suspension find it really rides nice not too harsh at all, and I suffer with a bad back??

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi Adam, glad to see the Worcester crew is expanding! :) The ride is absolutely fine with that setup, nice and comfortable. You can also chuck it into corners with confidence if you feel the need to.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I don't have sports suspension but I do have DCC. Using the sports setting when driving on my own, normal, comfort or economy when the family are in the car or on a long A road or motorway run.

When switching to sports mode, I either leave the gearbox in S or knock it back into D depending on my mood.

Very much liking this option which I wasn't too sure about adding to the order but did so anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts