Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This week VW have changed to their Q3 finance offer which is now £1500 manufacturer contribution across all Tiguan models. Has anyone that is still awaiting delivery contacted their dealer to ask if there will apply the additional £500? If so what did they say?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I would imagine there'll be a 500 pound drop in dealer discounts to compensate for this

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I read it as up to 1500 apart from 1000 pounds for SEL and RLine, when bought with PCP finance.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
niggly58 said:
I read it as up to 1500 apart from 1000 pounds for SEL and RLine, when bought with PCP finance.
The SEL and R-Line exclusion is removed in the new offer. It's £1500 across the range

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Their current page must be out of date.
Have you a link to the new offers?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Thanks johnny5uk.
Good news- but still only if you take the car on PCP.

·
Registered
111 Posts
When I bought mine last year they changed the contribution and apr, this was after I ordered and the dealer honoured the new rates/contribution. Meant I could have more extras for the same monthly figure.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Too late now for me, but my dealer told me at the time that if the contribution went up, then I would get it and it would not drop below the rate offered at time of purchase

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good to know, thanks. I recently ordered and have an unconfirmed build week of w34. I'll be looking to ensure that additional £500 contribution benefits me not the dealership's margin!

·
Registered
29 Posts
When exactly did this rate change? Was it Monday 3rd? As that when I collected my Tiguan and they did not mention it (even that I distinctly recall that saleman stating at the time of ordering, that if the rate change to one more favourable to the customer then they would pass it on and it was less favourable then they would suck it up at the time of collection) ?

Now that I've signed the paperwork, I presume its too late for me now?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi

Yes the new offer went on the VW website on Monday. If I were you I would do everything I could to have that amended.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Once you have signed the paperwork you have agreed the terms and conditions. You must accept that any changes to the offers subsequent to your signature will not apply. Prices for all commodities change all the time and unless there are specific clauses to cover price changes, you pay the price agreed on completion.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
niggly58 said:
Once you have signed the paperwork you have agreed the terms and conditions. You must accept that any changes to the offers subsequent to your signature will not apply. Prices for all commodities change all the time and unless there are specific clauses to cover price changes, you pay the price agreed on completion.
I think there is basis for him to escalate it with VW if need be as the offer was in place at the time he paid for the car. I would agree with what you say if the offer had come out a day later even, but the offer was available when he signed his paperwork.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Spoke to my dealer and he will be applying the new offer, so more money off 😁

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just to circle back on this one. My supplying dealer passed on the additional £500 finance contribution now available on my PCP financed SEL ordered in June. Should pick it up this Saturday - can't wait!

·
Registered
261 Posts
You would hope the offer is from when you actually sign the finance agreement.

·
Registered
83 Posts
When did everyone sign their finance papers? Was it when placing the order?
Just asking as thinking of taking the discount then withdrawing from the pcp.

·
Registered
387 Posts
You have 14 days after drawdown of the funds (ie when you take delivery) to withdraw from the pcp. You will obviously need alternative funds to pay it off 😊

·
Registered
63 Posts
Windrush VW are offering 4k ...on all variations of Tiguan!

They have a good stock too!

Also a whopping 12k contribution on the Toureg!!! :eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts