Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I tend to run my own PCP with a bank loan. I bought my Tiggy via Carwow from a dealer that had stock and signed up to the vw pcp to get the extra £1500 deposit, then paid off with a loan (which I took over 5 years) within the 14 day cooling off period. Saved a fortune in interest and I'm now not binded by mileage and condition. The trade off is that there's no guaranteed future value and from experience, the trade in values at 3 years are always lower than the pcp value but then the amount I owe at 3 years is also a lot lower. Swings and roundabouts really. I also bought the 5yr extended warranty this time so I have options to keep or sell privately with warranty at 3 years. Tend to do this with all my cars and over time I works out a little cheaper (due to the interest saved), but on the slip side monthly payments are a little higher. I personally feel it gives me more control but appreciate everyone's different.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Traded my 3 year old Golf GT and topped up the rest with cash. Managed to get 60% back on the Golf as :
a). Salesman said he'd not seen a better example
b). I'd only done 3,500 miles from new :roll:

Steve

·
Registered
123 Posts
ian2087 said:
I tend to run my own PCP with a bank loan. I bought my Tiggy via Carwow from a dealer that had stock and signed up to the vw pcp to get the extra £1500 deposit, then paid off with a loan (which I took over 5 years) within the 14 day cooling off period. Saved a fortune in interest and I'm now not binded by mileage and condition. The trade off is that there's no guaranteed future value and from experience, the trade in values at 3 years are always lower than the pcp value but then the amount I owe at 3 years is also a lot lower. Swings and roundabouts really. I also bought the 5yr extended warranty this time so I have options to keep or sell privately with warranty at 3 years. Tend to do this with all my cars and over time I works out a little cheaper (due to the interest saved), but on the slip side monthly payments are a little higher. I personally feel it gives me more control but appreciate everyone's different.
i took the pcp to get the extra contribution , as i dont owe anything on my part ex and what vw are giving me is more than the max deposit for pcp so i too intend to just pay off the balance within the 14 days as i prefer to own my car and drive it as i like , after 3 yrs the car is still worth the same plus im not paying them nearly 3.5 k in interest , did VW charge you an admin fee or any % for settling pcp within first 14 days ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good to hear I'm not the only one!

VW have a standard interest charge of £3.20 per day within the first 14 days, so the sooner you pay it of the better. I paid the day after I collected the car so only paid an Additional £3.20.

Think VW finance are only open Monday to Friday.

·
Registered
66 Posts
ian2087 said:
I normally buy my cars via a Broker to take advantage of any discounts plus any manufacturer offers, my last car was a Seat Leon FR 150ACT but I found the depreciation quite high despite very low mileage over 21 months only 4 thousand miles. so opted for the leasing route.

The Leon cost me the equivalent of £272.00 per month over the 21 months of ownership, the Tiguan despite being a more expensive car to fund is costing me less than this, I get 8K per year mileage allowance plus RFL is paid so this saves me money.

·
Registered
123 Posts
ian2087 said:
Good to hear I'm not the only one!

VW have a standard interest charge of £3.20 per day within the first 14 days, so the sooner you pay it of the better. I paid the day after I collected the car so only paid an Additional £3.20.

Think VW finance are only open Monday to Friday.
Great information , thanks for that

·
Registered
91 Posts
Traded in my q3 and paid the balance from savings.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Leased for two years direct from VW Lookers Preston. Total cost over two years = £5,200

You buy (PCP, bank loan, outright...), you lose that amount the moment you drive away from the forecourt....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yeah that's a cracking deal too

If you could pass me the details I'd defo be intreasted too

·
Registered
74 Posts
I must have done it all wrong...I'm £458 per month for a 3 year lease. That includes all maintenance and 15,000 miles per year. And that was by far the cheapest quote I got anywhere including looking at PCP options from a few dealers. The PCP would have cost me more each month for the car alone even without maintenance. I presume some of the other quotes on here are for lower mileages? The mileage kills it but I've no choice. As it happens, I am still waiting on the car turning up....ordered 27th September last year and last I heard I was looking at end of April to get it!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Wow 'Pumpbhoy' that is a long wait!

I have always gone for PCP over 3 years and pay chunk off to reduce interest charges. This is first time I have gone for a 4 year PCP. I will pay the maximum deposit I'm allowed to. Once I get the car I can then pay off a chunk. Only thing that has really annoyed me is they won't throw in a service plan with my PCP.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I got 6+35 Contract hire at £303 a month. 10,000 miles. No admin fee as it was with VW

At the time the sales guy said I better do the deal before the end of Sept as it won't last long. Checked around again lately and not many deals as good as that so he wasn't lying to me!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mixtu said:
I got 6+35 Contract hire at £303 a month. 10,000 miles. No admin fee as it was with VW

At the time the sales guy said I better do the deal before the end of Sept as it won't last long. Checked around again lately and not many deals as good as that so he wasn't lying to me!
^ That deal is superb in my opinion.

Including the extras too? Very good.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Pumpbhoy said:
I must have done it all wrong...I'm £458 per month for a 3 year lease. That includes all maintenance and 15,000 miles per year. And that was by far the cheapest quote I got anywhere including looking at PCP options from a few dealers. The PCP would have cost me more each month for the car alone even without maintenance. I presume some of the other quotes on here are for lower mileages? The mileage kills it but I've no choice. As it happens, I am still waiting on the car turning up....ordered 27th September last year and last I heard I was looking at end of April to get it!
At first glance, this seems a lot. But to be honest, 15k vs. 10k must have a huge impact to the price. You only normally see 8k or 10k options.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts