Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I cannot find any setting for headlight RH / LH drive in any menu on the infotainment menu, either while the engine is on or off. Google search shows this is called "travel mode" on VWs but no sign of that either.

The official web manual says "In vehicles with advanced main-beam control, the alignment of the headlights can be adjusted in the Infotainment system in the Vehicle settings menu Vehicle settings menu." I don't know if I have that, it's a standard Life model with no special headlamp upgrades.

Does that mean I'm back to stickers on the headlamps again? Bit disappointing if so...

Mike

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
From the Manual - if your car doesn't have this, it does it automagically.

Font Number Electric blue

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had this problem when taking the car to Spain last year so I emailed VW - (all they need is your VIN number), this was the reply, which I keep a copy of in the car in case of any queries when on the road over there:-

"In relation to your enquiry I have liaised with our Technical Support Team, who have confirmed that your vehicle does not require beam deflectors to drive in Europe.

I hope this information is useful to you; however should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me on the below details and I will be more than happy to help you.

I hope you enjoy driving your vehicle abroad.

Thank you for taking the time to contact Volkswagen UK"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much, I had no idea it was GPS controlled. Magic!

Having said that the car does seem to occasionally think I'm in a RHD country and prevent me from overtaking when on ACC, so I hope this works well... might order some headlamp stickers just in case...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I'm 1hr into French roads and concerned this hasn't worked automatically... The time is also supposed to update by gps and hasn't yet. Anyone have any hints at settings to check why GPS isn't working?

The actual car GPS/navigation works. Just the clock and the lights haven't switched.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Mines got the IQ lights so is probably different, but in vehicle settings, lights, I have a setting to switch between left and right drive. Sorry if that’s no help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts