Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm being a bit thick but how do I display the Nav and get the small dials on the active info display?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hartside said:
I'm being a bit thick but how do I display the Nav and get the small dials on the active info display?
Use the toggle switch on the right of steering wheel

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,581 Posts
With the map displayed on the Infotainment screen tap the 'view' button at the bottom of the screen. That will move the map to the Active Display. Then use the 'OK' button on the steering wheel to shrink both of the dials to the left and right.
You can then use the Infotainment screen to display anything else while the map remains in the Active Display.

Steve

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it, thanks. It was beside the View button on maps. It was the ok switch I was trying but it wasn't doing anything. Thanks everyone, really helpful forum.

·
Registered
627 Posts
If you are driving along and don't want to divert your eyes to the infotainment system then you can select it via the controls on your steering wheel.

Use the left right to select "Navigation", it may then appear or if the direction arrows appear you can use the down arrow to bring a menu up in the middle of the Active Info Display - you will see on there two menu options - one to get the map to display in front of you and also another checkbox to view large map.

You can also use that menu to select any previous destinations you have programmed before to select it again to navigate to. Or to cancel navigation if you have already got a route on.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's going to take a month to learn everything about this car. I thought I had read up on how to do things - wrong!

The other thing I got last night in the Media screen was a view that allowed me to flip through the album covers and choose the album this way rather than in folder view. Can I hell work out how I got that. Anyone point me in the right direction as I find the manual useless

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hartside, I cant remember exactly as not sat in the car, but I think when you press the Media screen, along the bottom of the screen you get a pop up set of buttons - one of those is View and then you can select in that Albums or Covers or something like that.

When I go out in car later, I will have a proper look for you.

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,581 Posts
Hartside said:
It's going to take a month to learn everything about this car. I thought I had read up on how to do things - wrong!

The other thing I got last night in the Media screen was a view that allowed me to flip through the album covers and choose the album this way rather than in folder view. Can I hell work out how I got that. Anyone point me in the right direction as I find the manual useless
If you are listening to an album track with the album art displayed, all you need to do is swipe left or right on the screen and it will bring up all your other album covers allowing you to flip through them, then just select the album you require.

Steve

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, this worked once last night and then I couldn't get it to work. This morning, worked straight away by hovering over the album cover. Small glitch last night maybe?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Its not what I said but as per Essjays - but I have found you have to be careful how you touch it - a straight forward tap on the album picture is needed to begin with as I have found if I miss the album / swipe then it fast forwards or rewinds the track. Tap the album first then it brings the graphics of the albums up and you can then swipe left and right to view them

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,581 Posts
Bhuna said:
Its not what I said but as per Essjays - but I have found you have to be careful how you touch it - a straight forward tap on the album picture is needed to begin with as I have found if I miss the album / swipe then it fast forwards or rewinds the track. Tap the album first then it brings the graphics of the albums up and you can then swipe left and right to view them
Good point Bhuna 👍

Steve

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys, just need to master park assist next!

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,581 Posts
Hartside said:
Now that's a whole new 'can of worms' ;)

Steve

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hartside said:
I've been practising with it - I suggest you take it to a local supermarket and find a quietish area away from main entrance that has one or two cars parked. Then practise away but after a while its quite easy to get used to although I am still nervous a little using it. I've only done bay parking but it works a treat. One hint, bear in mind that if you yourself are used to going into the space in ONE go, the park assist will do it in a way that is totally different and will get you to move forward at least once during the procedure as it straightens itself up and then tells you to reverse.

From what I have read and each time I have done it, it ALWAYS does this for bay parking.

As for parallel parking - not tried it yet although sometimes in the bay parking it picks up as a parallel park so you have to make sure its set right.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Had a thought this morning that Park Assist could be useful for my wife to get it into the garage. In the VW video I saw the guy pulling nose first into a parking space and then using park assist to square it up and pull it into the space.

Tried this morning by pulling the nose against the left hand entrance wall and then activating the system. It doesn't seem to recognise I want to go in nose first. Is there anything I need to do to tell it to start?

·
Registered
627 Posts
I haven't tried a nose first yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts