Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having had the Tiguan for a week, it is now clear how little I cared about my old cars (both cheap 2nd hand hatchbacks). I've found myself engaging in behaviour I would have mocked a week ago, including

• Checking the car twice a day for bird poop, removing it with the care and attention of an Archaeologist cleaning the holy grail
  • Getting super anxious about other people parking next to my car
  • Rubbing any child induced scuff marks immediately from the cars plastic

so two questions:

• What new habits have you developed since owning your car?
  • How long until you no longer give a damn and stop treating it like a Faberge egg?

·
Registered
244 Posts
If it's your own car... not sure.
If it's a lease car, then never, as you remain super protective as VW will screw you for any damage outside of 'normal' wear and tear

·
Registered
953 Posts
Had mine just over 6 months now, and I've got a force field, if anything gets within reach the wife goes into kill mode
I still park the furthest spot away from the supermarket, still give it a look over when I get back to it, and as for bird shit arrrrrrr and this is not my first new car either so know how you feal

·
Registered
119 Posts
TBH as nice as it is, it's just a daily car. I don't park it carelessly, but I do park it and forget about it. Mine is leased, but it is a Tiguan, not a Porsche Cayenne (don't take that the wrong way).

My weekend motorsport Beemer is another matter though!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I keep a microfibre cloth in the drivers cubby hole.. When ever I'm stationary for a period of time I tend to give the dash a good dust! Kids are banned from eating in Tiggy and I've even forced them to take their shoes off on occasion.

I need help..

·
Registered
390 Posts
I used to be protective then an idiot did this trying to overtake me... :evil:

FYI - The lines mark out the damaged areas

Now I'm superprotective :lol:

Cheers Earl

Attachments

·
Registered
627 Posts
OMG Earl - trust you got the bugger for it and his insurance is sorting it properly - and most importantly, everyone was ok, including yourself, in the incident.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi Andy - Thanks and yes everyone was OK

The guy tried to drive off but 190hp of Tig sorted that out very quickly.

Needless to say, I'm looking at the forum posts for cameras.

Cheers Earl

·
Registered
433 Posts
Bloody hell Earl_H that's unlucky how did they managed that they must have been p****d. Hope you get it all repaired back to new.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry to hear about your accident Earl, glad you are all ok. cant believe that SOB tried to drive off

Let us know if you buy a camera, and which one

·
Registered
28 Posts
i've had mine for just over two weeks now and i have washed and polished it every night, sad i know but so WHAT i love the car :)

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,584 Posts
Matchbox said:
Sorry to be a pedant but how did that occur during an overtake? Looks more like it was keyed.
I think as Earl said in his post, that the lines are there to mark the dents ;)

Steve

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi the lines that are clearly visible are some form of liquid chalk used to mark the damaged areas.

What is difficult to see is the drivers door is pushed in about 20mm even when you stand next to it. I often think it looks keyed not bashed but then the guy basically pushed his way along the Tig - the higher "key line" was his mirror.

Interesting point the door has only moved a little as the reinforcing took the load and deformed during the process - this means a new drivers door but it makes me think that the Tig is a strong beast.

Cheers Earl

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What type of road was he overtaking you on?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts